Paula Abdul

Tweets Bye-Bye to Idol

8/5/2009 12:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul Guess who just blinked in American Idol's high stakes game of chicken? Paula Abdul says she's leaving the show.

She just tweeted this:

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon."

Sources have told TMZ that Paula's been negotiating for a big raise, and the deadline was this week because rehearsals are about to start.

So, hardball negotiation ploy on Paula's part or the real deal?

Stay tuned...

More Today in TMZ History

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Quiet

Time to go get married and have some kids Paula.. time to chill out .. you are no sppring chicken anymore and if you want a family , maybe focus on a husband and conception before its too late for you

Big Steve

Good riddance! She was too clueless on good talent!

mitch myers

first good riddence pill popper!

mitch myers

didnt know how to clap. ever watch her hands?

ree ree

buh-bye!

bb

GOOD RIDDANCE! The most annoying "judge" on that show.

over 9000

This sucks. Who else will be able to say "Wow that was good." over one million times in one show?

Homie1Kanobe

Try to save some of the money, and don't put it up your nose

Naomi

Paula was good entertainment on the show. I'm sad to see her go. Even though she seemed crazy, she was still good to watch. They should have gotten rid of Kara! She's awful, boring, no personality,etc. I'm predicting that season 9 is going to be more boring than the last two(7 and 8). That's all I have to say.

KINGOFHORROR

I Love Paula! Wont Watch Show Without Her other Judges Suck! Ryan really SUCKS SO DOES SIMON AND RANDY

hamilTonyan

I dont think she is being Straight up. She is being a little Coldhearted and may be Blowing kisses in the wind. I think she wants Simon to think she is Forever your girl on Idol and asked Randy Do you love me?

Woo Hoo!!!!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! If you thought getting 3 million a year wasn't enough for sitting on your a** acting stupid, you don't deserve to be on the show. Have fun selling crappy plastic jewelry on HSN and QVC from now on a la Suzanne Sommers.

seller1254

No! I hope Paula doesn't leave the show. I would like to see however that new girl leave!!! she's so annoying!

Henderson NV

The public really has no write to bash her. She's an integral part of the show. Everyone else is cashing in big time. Until recently she was the only woman on the show. Why shouldn't she be compensated as well as the men? Sheese they can throw $15 million a year at Ryan Secrest and can't bump Paula's pay? I like her and I think the show will be much worse without her.

yks

This whole show is crap and needs too go!! It used to be good but last season was beyond bad. Kara is so full of herself it makes me turn the show off.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments