Paula Abdul

Tweets Bye-Bye to Idol

8/5/2009 12:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul Guess who just blinked in American Idol's high stakes game of chicken? Paula Abdul says she's leaving the show.

She just tweeted this:

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon."

Sources have told TMZ that Paula's been negotiating for a big raise, and the deadline was this week because rehearsals are about to start.

So, hardball negotiation ploy on Paula's part or the real deal?

Stay tuned...

More Today in TMZ History

Moni

I don't understand why ppl r so greedy! how much money does she need for doing nothing, its not like she had such a great career before idol. SHe was doing absolutely nothing but making low budget workout dvds, so why does she need such a huge pay raise just because ryan got one.

Bella4Skip

the raise was supposed to accommodate her increased need for prescription pills

Gay With Acne

FIRST!

Come ON, Homosensuals, give me some competition for FIRST.

This is too easy!

hamilTonyan

She actually looks good for 47. Id tap her tree trunk for some maple syrup.

hamilTonyan

America should take a vote on the first episode.

hamilTonyan

#16 gay with acne on your penis lay off the crack already. Syphilis rots the brain you know

Mega

American Idol makes 900 million per season and she's a big reason for it. I'm not a big fan of the show but I believe ppl who generate millions should be paid millions. Good luck Paula.

masha

that show has run its course anyway.

really dont like the other girl.

so bye idol.

eattrn

Awesome. Now can the show tweet that it is going off the air to be replaced by something original, creative and interesting.

balls

balls

Ron

BYE BYE DRUGGIE WHORE!!

indytalibryce

I really hope Paula is gone. Who could understand her rehearsed, scripted ramblings? She couldn't pronounce or understand half of the words she tried to say. Kara is much better!

skankstain.com

What will you bet Hugh Heff comes a calling....and her drugged up ass poses nude?

deb t

I AM SICK SHE HAS DECIDED TO LEAVE THE SHOW, SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE ONE TO PROVIDE PERSPECTIVE.... AND SINCERENESS....
PLEASE DUMP KARI SHE PROVIDES NOTHING TO THE SHOW EXCEPT HER WANNA BE ANTICS... PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU READ THIS

KEEP PAULA ON, SHES IS PART OF THE TRIO THAT MAKE IT WORK - KARI WAS A JOKE IT WAS ALL ABOUT HERSELF, SHE KEPT GOING ON AND ON AND ON AND WOULDNT SHUT UP, IM SORRY BUT SHE IS NOT A GOOD FIT FOR THE SHOW....PLEASE BRING PAULA BACK...

Sincerely,
deb t

ps we love you paula!

Tink44

I wont watch it anymore, They ruined it now. When they added that idiot last year with her. they need Paula! Im dont with it.