Paula Abdul

Tweets Bye-Bye to Idol

8/5/2009 12:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul Guess who just blinked in American Idol's high stakes game of chicken? Paula Abdul says she's leaving the show.

She just tweeted this:

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon."

Sources have told TMZ that Paula's been negotiating for a big raise, and the deadline was this week because rehearsals are about to start.

So, hardball negotiation ploy on Paula's part or the real deal?

Stay tuned...

More Today in TMZ History

SP

They spent so much on Ryan & Simmon thye had to go with the cheaper Kara, but they offered Paula 10 mil so I do not feel sorry for her, I would have taken 10 million any day. King oBama should really start taxing these rich folks soon.

I Love Memphis

What the heck are you people talking about??? You won't watch the show anymore??? What the heck did she ever add to the show. She thinks she is about 15 the way she was always fooling around with Simon. Boy.. deep down I bet he's real happy that he won't have to deal with her anymore. As for all you who won't watch anymore good for you. Kara will bring a lot of sane watchers to the show. Paula is an old hag who wears outfits 2 sizes to small so she can have her fake chest coming out. She is awful. No dignity at all. A has been for years. Couldn't stand the way she always got up and danced. What was that all about?? I'll take your job for $50,000 a year. I could buy a car and feed my family for about 2 years. A real ZERO in my opinion. Fox you did good by letting her go. Now the whole family can watch. We don't have to hide our children from people on drugs who are on tv.

Originalkat

She was holding out for more money and she should but also I don't think she wanted Kara back. Queen Bee syndrome and she earned it.

big joe

what a dum move on her part.

I Love Memphis

I am an Adam fan too...Just loved him. I just don't think there will be another singer like him. No one could be better unless Elvis came back.......

erkg

Good riddence - in my opinion, she didn't add much to the show - won't miss her at all - always taped the show so I could fast foward through her portion.

BETTYB

I have two words for Paula: BRIAN DUNKLEMAN

Bud

Idol may not realize it right now, but they will miss Paula .

cathy b

great news!! paula is an idiot!! she should be thanklful for the job, and by the way the people with talent turned the show into the world wide hit it is, NOT PAULA, DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS AND ....... i would mute her everytime she talked what a waste of air time maybe now we can hear more singing and less talking ...................

Law 34

I will not watch Idol anymore...

Vicki Q

I THINK THAT WHEN YOU CAN SPEND 45M TO KEEP RYAN SEACREST AS THE DORKY HOST, YOU SHOULD PAY THAT OR MORE FOR THE MAIN ATTRACTION! THEY HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE NOT KEEPING PAULA. SIMON AND PAULA ARE THE JUDGES THAT MATTER MOST.

CrisDizzle

Good riddance! Now Paula can spend more quality time with her longtime BF, MC Skat Cat! lol

There is no such thing as reality tv

I will miss her, but she is pretty unprofessional and dumb to quit by "Twitter".

AM Hood

Well, well, somethings never change. I am glad Paula stuck to her uns and left the show. I did not like the show's politics anyway. What ever happened to equal pay for equal work? This plays to women of all races, we still do not get the pay that men are getting. Myself, I will never watch the show again, because this is my way of showing the power I have: boycott that I feel is wrong or unequal. And, then there is Randy, you know he is probably getting less that Paula, given who he is>>>> need I say more!!! God bless you Paula. As Whoopie said on the view, "she has always worked and when she did not work it was by choice, she has her clothing and jewelry line, etc. lets. be real people, she is not drunk nor is she on drugs, it is simply the way she talks. Lots of people have a different accent. This is another sad example of the gossip rags ruining a celebs. career by reporting the negative. It's so sad we allow there rags to have so much power in our lives. You go Paula--I look forward to seeing what you will do next.

JANE DOE

A VERY TALENTED WOMAN!!!
SHE WILL BE MISSED, AND I MAY NOT WATCH IT!
PURE SEXISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!