A Tiny Horse Is a Horse, Of Course, Of Course

8/11/2009 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

That's not a stuffed animal, it's Koda -- Australia's smallest horse.

media_removed.jpg

The American miniature dwarf horse stands less than two feet tall, weighs around 77 pounds, and despite many health problems recently made it to his first birthday.

Verne Troyer can finally go horseback riding.

sue

Zac Efron is such a trendsetter.

riottgirl

He's won our hearts! And JAM...that was hella funny...he was a little horse...ha!

romil1

10. He was actually yelling something out the window, but nobody could hear him...he was a little horse.Posted at 3:18PM on Aug 11th 2009 by JAM

That was sooo corny that it made me laugh.

Linda Mott

The horse doesn't look real.

kim

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww, i want one!!!!!!! look at those big ol' bug eyes and cute buck teefs!!!!

kim

OMG, JAM, thanks a lot. i just snorted out loud in my office!!!!!

Ben

23. OMG, JAM, thanks a lot. i just snorted out loud in my office!!!!!

Posted at 7:32PM on Aug 11th 2009 by kim

lol kim, I did the same thing and then tried to re-tell the story and all I heard was crickets....friggin' co-workers just don't have a sense of humor at all....:D

dmsundt

Forget the pony, I want the guy next to it!

Jezzy

zac efron and julia roberts out on holiday

LongJohn69

He's a giant compared to a dwarf horse that stays in Ladue, Missouri. He's much smaller and older than this Ausie horse. In fact, he is dwarfed by many dogs. Google him and see.

TEDS22

This little horse has had many health battles since birth,and was nearly put down!! A vet nurse thought he had some fight in him and took him on! He has had numerous operations esp on his legs,but is now doing great!!
Also the kids at the vet,and adults take some convincing that it is in fact a REAL horse and not a TOY!!!!! Love him,and good luck to Koda in her upcoming operations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith Hill Supporter!!!!!!!!!

At first look, I thought it was Zac Efron. The driver looks so much like Zac. I don't like Zac Efron but for some reason he came to mind. The horse is really cute though. He looks like those horse on a stick that the kids play with. Very cute.

christine

16. i want him...the horse, not the feller. how adorable!! i hope he gets to feeling better, bless his heart.

Posted at 4:08PM on Aug 11th 2009 by animals are precious

Sadly, I don't think he's going to get feeling a whole lot better. Animals that are bred to acheive this abnormally small size have many many inherent health problems. They have a very decreased life expectancy because their bodies fall apart so fast.
It sounds like he at least leads a happy life full of loving and caring people.

Lori

I could just love and hug on Koda all day.

wishing they would just go the hell away!

I got to see a mini up close once and pet her, she was about the size of a german shepard and felt like velvet. :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments