Tori & Dean

Our Kids Aren't 'Props!'

8/11/2009 2:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tori Spelling and hubby Dean McDermott are finally responding to Candy Spelling's scathing letter posted on TMZ -- the one where she said the couple used their kids as "reality show props" to generate conflict.

0810_spelling_tmz_video-1
Though Tori played dumb to the ordeal -- saying they've been on vacation and "haven't read anything" -- Dean stepped up and defended their honor as parents, telling TMZ "We don't use our children as props, we take really good care of our children, we love our children ... everyone's entitled to their opinion."

OU812 Darnit

One has to wonder about Tori's mother. What was her occupation? We all know what Tori's father did. She didn't have to care for Tori and Randy and there was a staff of 12 to care for the home. What did she do with all those endless hours alone? Her husband was 22 years older than she and he was a workaholic. After her husband suffered an incapacitating stroke, did she stay by his side? Did she feed him, sponge bathe him, change his diapers, or even read to him? There was hired help to take care of these necessities while she was spending time with a man. Everyone understands the need for a break like going out for a cup of coffee, but she went away on trip with this guy.

Now she's making money writing mean things about her daughter. A loving mom would be supportive of her children. I had a very supportive mom and I'm ashamed to say she even polished my shoes. What loving parent intentionally makes life more difficult for their children?

What loving grandmother (with any manners) RSVP's to attend her only granddaughter's first birthday party and is a no show? Later she email's her daughter about getting her hair and nails done, what to wear, where to put the presents, and dealing with the TV show. Any loving grandmother would have attended even if the white house press corp had been in attendance. The woman is self-absorbed with bad manners to boot.

I'm sure Tori's father would heartily disapprove of his wife's public actions. When Tori's children are old enough they will be reading what their grandmother has written and trying to figure out why a relative would do this. Tori's mother is raking in the dough, but at who's expense?

G

Doodles

What about your FIRST daughter, Dean? Do you love HER TOO?
I gess she didn't show as well as the new one, eh?

causeiamok

A litte Jon and Kate plus 8-esque don't you think? We don't use our kids for props, we love our kids, blah, blah, blah. REALITY CHECK TIME!!!!!

Angelique

WAR! I KNOW HOW U FEEL TORI MOTHERS BITCHES...

Michelle

I love Tori Spelling, and I always watch there show! I think she seems like a sweet, caring person with a heart! I really feel for her when she talks about and cries about her mom. I have been in her shoes, and no matter what, you still want a relationship with your mother. I also know my husband acted the same way, and he got mad at me over me always being hurt by my mom. Why don't you guys just leave her alone. Her mom is foul (no disrespect Tori) She has hurt her daughter, and they need to try to put it in the past and just move on. Your mom will probably never change, as mine hasn't, it hurts, and it always will, but it is what it is. I love you Tori and Dean, I think you guys are great, and you seem like very nice people!

Mar

Yeah Dean loves his children from THIS wife. So much for the family he had when he met heiress Spelling. Just wait Tori, soon he won't love yours either.

B.D

WHAAAAAAAT ????

#2 WHAT DAUGHTER??? DEAN HAS ANOTHER KID BESIDES JACK ??? OMG !! WHAT THE HELL...

B.D

CAN SOMEONE CLUE ME IN !! HOW MANY KIDS DOES DEAN HAVE ????

3 OR 4 ?? AND WHO IS #4 ????

Angelique

Candi Spelling needs a reailty check in the real world she so she can stop acting so evil towards your daughter, your old rich and if money rules your world your a poor lost soul. But I'm not a judge and there is two sides to every story but from what I hear it's been you and if it's is or not you have the power to change it.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Candy Spelling's money is going to charity after the old bag croaks. You've got to give Tori and Dean 2 stars for living life on their own terms.

dianne

Dean has a biological son named Jack. He never adopted the daughter his ex-wife now has. So Dean only has three children total.

Joanne

I love Tori and Dean's show. I am saddened that Candy acts the way she does. And I love to see Patty, too. The kids are adorable and so fortunate to have such loving parents. Dean does need to omit sexual things to Tori on the show (ie like commenting on her azz.) That belongs off camera.

Sandbox

All Candy Spelling wanted was a PRIVATE first meeting with her little granddaughter. Tori invited her to Stella's b-day with the intention of filming the whole thing for their reality show! Sorry people, but I'm with Candy on this one.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments