Clooney to Sue Paps Over Underage Photos

8/14/2009 5:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney sues paparazziGeorge Clooney is gearing up for a legal war in Italy -- claiming invasive paparazzi climbed over the wall of his Italian home and shot a topless photo of a 13-year-old girl changing in one of his guest rooms.

The photographer also took shots of Clooney and his girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis enjoying private moments in the yard of his estate.

The photos were published in two magazines -- and in a statement to TMZ, Clooney says he's gunning to sue both the mags and the photog who took the pictures.

"We're suing two magazines AND a photographer. I don't know about the law in the United States but in Italy it's illegal for photographers to climb over my wall and to take long lens pictures of a 13-year-old girl in her bedroom.

I draw the line of privacy at that."

--George Clooney

dick

where can I see the topless 13 yo...thats hot

lynne

DUH ! HE LIVES THERE.

crystal

I used to like

ES

Although I don't know all the details, from the information here, I'll have to agree with him. I don't care who you are, you should feel safe within the parameters of your own property, especially when minors are involved.

Disgusting

Gotta side with Clooney on this one re: photographing the kid.

That is simply vile. There should be serious criminal punishment as well.

balls

George Clooney is a poo poo face.

librarianchat.com

What's a 13 year old girl doing changing clothes. She should be required to wear the same clothes everyday til she reaches legal age so as not to invite this type of action.

Iloura

When is this going to stop??? And I hear perez hilton published the photos on his site? WTF, so he's getting paid to be a pedophile now?

OCD

Go for it Clooney. I really, really hate the paps. They need to be licensed, tagged, leashed and then tasered.

RAPS

I don't think these people can be proud in front of their children of what they do for the sake of surviving economically. Exploring other people's privacy is definitely not a mother or a wife would want her son or her husband to do for a living. Its not even a profession. So, what does your son do? He's a pap! Oh I see..... Oh !!I've some laundry to do, talk to you some other time. So, what does your husband do? Err..he's a pap. Oh! thats............nice! Sorry, something came up, talk to you later, bye !!! :(

alexandria

MAN get them grorge!!!
iam 13 and i wood feel so violated if that happened too me!:(
and what was this pap thinking?!?! "oh iam a dumb ass and i like to jump peoples walls not knowing if theres DOGS over there!!! OH 13 year old !"fieaking dumb ass!!!
and don't tell me that he dident no that was a kid,iam 5'9 and people can still tell iam a kid!!!!!!what a duches bag!!!

jjgg5

I love George. He is far to witty, not to be gay. Come on George, get really political.

Alan

You want to be in the spot light? You want to make big bucks? YOu want no pictures taken that shouldn't be? Then make sure where you go is guarded and secure. Common sense....

nancyn

Yeah go get 'em, Clooney. Too bad something can't be done about the pedophiles leaving remarks about the little girl on here! The girl's mom needed to make her aware that people can see in windows even if you can't see them. Kids do not realize that and some pervert, like the ones making comments about a child on here would rape her & say she asked for it. We live out in the country with woods all around and my girls have been taught to close the blinds when changing, just in case. Too many damn weirdos in the world, no child is safe.

Terry

I havent seen the pics yet but I'm waiting on this one, about the 13 year old girl anyway.
It could have been his GF of the moment Elisabetta Canale with her shirt off lol and he is trying to escalate charges, I dont condone photogs going that distance what a slime ball and he should get his butt kicked but dont care for using children if it's not the truth either.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments