Jon & Kate's Fight -- Blame the Babysitter

8/14/2009 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You can blame the babysitter for Jon and Kate Gosselin's blowup last night.

Play video

Sources close to Jon and Kate tell TMZ that Kate was upset because Jon wanted to leave the kids with Stephanie Santoro -- the babysitter who was handpicked by Jon.

We're told Kate has serious trust issues with Santoro, and doesn't want her playing nanny with her kids. Kate went to the house to watch the kids instead of Santoro -- and that sparked the fight that ended with Kate calling 911.

Jon pretty much confirmed all this -- in his words -- this morning at his house. When in doubt, blame the nanny.

Abby

Why is all the blame on Jon? I'm a woman and think Kate is to blame as much as he. I'm sure she's made it pretty difficult for Jon to go to the house and enjoy the kids. She is a BITCH.

Why?

*************************BOYCOTT JON ALERT*******************************

I am going to Vegas 8/26-8/30- staying at MGM Grand. A large group of us were going to go and check out Wet Republic (pool party/club @ MGM) but I just found out Jon may be "hosting" the party there on 8/29. If that's the case, I will definitely cancel our reservations. I have no interest in attending any event "hosted" by that idiot and can't believe MGM would think it's a good idea!?! I am contacting them to find out if it's true and if it is, I am going to cancel and let them know how absurd I think he is and the idea of him hosting a party there is. Even if I wasn't going I would let them know what I think. So if anyone else is going that weekend (you have been warned) or if you just want to let them know your opinion on dear ole' Jon you can email them at: info@wetrepublic.com

kelly

Anything to bring attention to themselves. It was probably staged. As if we haven't seen enough of this sorry family.

Jupiterstrips

That was a stunt. She was trying to put the moves on Jon...anyway. But, Kate's becoming what she always was (trailer park trash) and Jon's just being the ass that he has always been. Back when I used to watch the show I always felt there was some abuse going on...

Megan

I used to side with Jon, but on a daily basis I feel worse and worse for Kate. I like Jon's "Jee golly, I'm not doing anything wrong" act in this video. If I were Kate I would have gone ballistic too knowing that girl was in my house given the extensive rumors about what's been going on with her and Jon. I'll bet Jon's trying to piss Kate off to make the public see how "mistreated" he is. He really seems like a douche at this point.

KC

After watching this video, it makes me want to smack him! His attitude is so adolescent! I feel bad for Kate ... and the kids ... it won't be long before Mady and Kara will be able to see the person their Dad really is. That is when the real pain and disappointment will set in. Perhaps they are already seeing through him.

Harvey's a Flaming Douchebag

Did any of you folks who previously commented even WATCH the video?!

He wasn't hiring a babysitter so he could leave to party - he was hiring a babysitter because he was downstairs filming for the TV show and wanted someone to keep an eye on the kids while he was doing it.

I see nothing wrong with what he did. It sounds to me like Kate's just being a controller.

Jessica

Kate needs to realize that she isn't going to force Jon into anything anymore. Her crazy behavior is what caused the divorce. She can't tell him what babysitter to use. When he is with the kids, (as long as nothing terribly bad is happening)he calls the shots. I bet this is making, and I love it.

Mannysgrammy

#1~I don't believe it was about Jon having the sitter over to go out~it was about Jon staying home & HAVING this 23 yr old sitter AGAIN!~

#2. That's why Kate was so upset, it wasn't about control cuz she personally knows this girl & her 3 yr old baby.

#3~the paps got pics of this "sitter" leaving the garage apt. VERY early~trying to sneak out~making it 3 girls in 1 week!

classy

This show has GOT to end!!!! It is outrageous that this continues and that the Gosselin children are being publicly exposed to this nonsense. TLC should have a conscience and put an end to this now. It's obvious that the parents won't.

not a fan

I think we are just weeks away from seeing Kate barefoot, in a gas station, shaving her famous head. Only time people, only time....

upsetmommy

JON is a JERK stupid man. You have 8 kids. These kids are suffering right now seeing their parents apart they are confused. I don't know what happen between JON & KATE and I don't really care but at least respect the woman once you loved and that one who gave you 8 kids. JON YOU ARE A STUPID, JERK, IGNORANT MAN. Now you have money. If you didn't have a PENNY on your name no woman will look at your STUPID face with 8 kids forget it. YOUR money is the attention of woman STUPID MAN.

AB

# 9 - You are as big an idiot as Jon is! How the hell is Jon hiring a babysitter for his small amount of time with his * kids, standing up to her???? Hope you are infertile!

upsetmommy

JON you are JERK. If you didn't have a penny on your name no one will look at you. Right now the children are who are suffering for seeing this crazy stupid lives of yours. You people don't have any brains your kids are suffering. Kate is a mother and I know she is going thru a lot why blame her? BOTH of them are to BLAME. JON can't even spent time with the little time he has with his own children that he has to hire a baby sitter. What a JERK?

yazzie

Oh JON! OH JON, How stupid are you Jon. You say this while it is caught on film? Your saying in a round about way i am getting even. Nice for the kids JON BONER! If she doesnt like your babysitter so be it. The kids and you say i will like hers when she likes mine. You dont need kids period. Your the biggest baby of all. Stop using these gifts {CHILDREN} against one another. I thought you BOTH WERE CHRISTIANS! WAKE UP! PRAY! TRY! Before God takes one of your gifts with him.