Victim's Hubby Convicted of Assaulting GF

8/19/2009 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The "person of interest" in the murdered model case has a criminal record for assaulting a girlfriend in 2005.

Ryan Alexander Jenkins -- the husband of Jasmine Fiore, who was found last Saturday strangled to death and stuffed in a suitcase -- was convicted in 2007 in Calgary, Canada. The woman he assaulted is Faern Jewell, his girlfriend at the time.

Jenkins' sentence included 15 months probation and mandatory counseling for "psychological/domestic violence/coping skills."

As for the "coping skills," he was ordered to attend outpatient treatment at a hospital for sex addiction.

I speak da trooph

Too bad he didn't kill Megan-what a stupid bitch!

Holly G

I agree with #36 Maybe he didn't made this one sign a pre nup and she was leaving that's why he killed her? to keep all his money? it's a motive!

nonna

Stop the Violence !!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKK

If this guy was convicted of such a crime in 07 WHY did VH1 even let him on the show? NICE going VH1.. Way to scan your contestants.. What a mess this is. How horrifying for this girls family.

Kaitlyn

I am so sad. He was my favorite on that show. I had the biggest crush on him!! what a disappointment.

Dan

First of all Nancy Grace is making it sound like Jasmine is perfect, and by all means, SHE IS NOT! She would "work guys" for money while living in Vegas. All at the same time being married to Ryan.

Sad sad

Okay, Dan Ryan f-off. You have a very strange hate for someone who was not your wife.

Sad sad

Or was she? TMZ should check that ip.

friend

This is a friend of mine!! you people have NO idea of whom you are talking about!! Jasmine was known everywhere she went because she made people feel good, a gift not many have, sooo FFFF u.
To know her was to love her on many different levels!

tiger313

I've been commenting on TMZ for a couple of years. I'm done with it. Every comment for the last six months has caused my system to slow way down. Does anyone else have this problem? WTH TMZ, can't you afford a better system? I've heard several people I know so TMZ is so damn slow it's not worth writing comments. Now let's see if this attempt causes my system to be slower than a tortoise. It doesn't happen with any other site I post on.

jOhNNy bOttLeS

the show should be called "Megan wants a Doosh"....smells like fish
So VH1 isnt a good match maker...go figga (thats with an "f")

jennifer2000

Person of interest and Suspect are interchangable terms in murder investigations. The term 'Suspect' is being phased out by it's new scematic playmate: person of intertest.

IF POLICE INVEST POLICE TIME , MONEY , EFFORT , TELLING THE PUBLIC THAT A SPECIFIC INDIVIDUAL COMMITED A SPECIFIC MURDER THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'suspect' and 'person of interest' is mute.

Lesley

If this is true, then Megan should sue everyone involved in casting Megan wants a Millianaire for not doing a background check. With this kind of past, it could of been Megan in that suitcase. She should be pissed yet thankful she didn't choose this loser.

tamra ferrucci

who really cares!! LOSER central i believe in KARMA

chick

VH1 is extremely lame!! What does a contestant's death & crime have anything to do with discontinuing their TV programs? Several celebrities have died, some of them were by terrible crimes, did they stop showing their movies, series shows etc.??! NO! Why the hell VH1 has to cancel their most popular reality shows that viewers have been looking forward to for months?! VH1 is going to lose out big time on their income if they don't bring on MWAM & ILM3! In my country, it will be one less cable station (I have the power to do this!) VH1 will no longer be needed!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3