Ryan Jenkins Dead -- Hangs Himself

8/23/2009 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ spoke with the manager of the motel and one of the residents. They say Jenkins checked in on Friday. He was dropped off by a woman in her early 20s who drove a silver PT Cruiser with Alberta license plates. She stayed for about 20 minutes and wasn't seen again. The room was paid for two days. When Jenkins didn't check it out today, the manager and his nephew went to check on him. When there was no answer, they entered the room and found Jenkins hanging by his belt from a coat rack. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. There was a laptop open on a desk inside the room.

UPDATE:
Lt. Steve Holliday of Buena Park PD addressed the press, saying, "The sadness of this is all is that Mr. Jenkins will not stand before an Orange County jury for his crime."

UPDATE:
His body was discovered at about 5:00 PM PT.

UPDATE:
Jenkins was apparently ID'ed through fingerprints.

UPDATE:
RCMP Sgt. Duncan Pound: "At this present time the investigation into the circumstances of his death is continuing, but preliminary evidence suggests that he took his own life. Any further details will not be released at this time as this investigation remains in its infancy."

Ryan Jenkins
has been found dead in Canada, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

He was found dead at the Thunderbird Motel in Hope, B.C. of an apparent suicide, according to RCMP Sgt. Duncan Pound.

Jenkins' body was discovered by motel staff. According to law enforcement sources, he was found hanging.

Jenkins was charged on August 20 in the murder of his wife, Jasmine Fiore.

Fiore's mutilated body was found in a suitcase inside of a dumpster in Buena Park, Calif. on August 15.

Story developing ...

Thunderbird Motel

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT -- The Buena Park PD held a press conference earlier this evening (below middle). The Royal Canadian Mounted Police also did a press conference earlier today (below right).

theresa

48 I agree. The parents could have encouraged him to do the right thing and turn himself in. At least he would be alive and have a chance to change his life internally.

I am surmising he had parents who covered his misdeeds for a long time and this is the sad and tragic result.

Joan

Can someone answered my question? If he was seen with his wife at a poker game the night of Aug 14, after checking out of the hotel that same morning, where did he strangle and mutilate his wife? There was only a small window of opportunity since the body was found the next day. So WHERE and HOW did he mutilate Jasmine? Her car is reported missing, so she drove back to LA with him that night? I guess, my question is "Where is the crime scene?"

Mecia

He had a lot of money so he could've bought his way through the legal system-Hey, look at O.J. Maybe someone killed his wife and he hid out in fear that they would come after him. Removing fingers and teeth that sounds like something out of a mafia movie, not a husband.

Roni

COWARD!!! And who cares that he won't stand in front of an "O.C" jury!!! For taking this womans life, and for taking his OWN, he has to stand in front of GOD and be sentenced to pergatory for ETERNITY!! I don't know bout y'all, but I'd rather go to prison than be faced with the pain, anguish, and torture he will cary forever... people who commit suicide don't make it to heaven. I hope Jasmine on the other hand did...

Sad sad

More spookies the residence for sale that I listed (that I didn't know was were she was dumped) also has a picture of a dumpster in front of the building on their listing. How weird is that? Who sales a property with a pictures of a dumpster in front? Tacky. Plus I have no idea why I said he had a coke face. Sort of a bitchy rant. Then he did. Since I'm psychic now I think the car is in a very woodsy area I see branches. If they find it there. I'm done following this story lol.

ANGELICA PERALES

I don't think he killed that girl. So sad that people are happy he killed himself( Which I don't think he did either). What happen to innocent til proven guilty. A life has ended two lives have ended and people are happy he killed himself. How sick are you?

NativeVT

In a report, an official in California lamented that it was a shame because now he wouldn't be able to stand before a jury in CA. What a joke. It's great that he did himself in because if he had gone before a CA jury he would have been set free - i.e., OJ.

Raven

lol,no you're not! ;-) You want the same answers many do.....like my psych(ot)ic abilities tell me the car may never be found,as it is in deep water. It clearly is a mystery & a damned good insight into the workings of the mind. His, hers,the family dynamics,all that stuff many find interesting. One of my brother's is a psychiatrist & I've been driving him up the wall with too many questions.

I'm done following this story lol.

Posted at 2:04PM on Aug 24th 2009 by Sad sad

janalal4

TO THE GUY WHO SAID: "HATE TO SAY IT BUT I CALLED IT."- Yeah, me too. Dont' remember which article I posted it under but I said the same thing. Guy just looked way too wimpy to last long "on the lamb"!!

vagina lover

okay people, if Ryan Jenkins was a murderer and a coward, as you all claim, then out of a jealous rage, wouldn't he have just shot her repeatedly? That's a coward's way out. This girl is much taller than him, and if the walls are so paper thin in the hotel where she was murdered (as the hotel owner or manager claimed) someone would have heard her scream. Or at the very least, a scuffle. Yes? It sounds to me like someone much bigger was after this boy. I think he left the country because he was scared and it has to do with the mob. With all the media, why would some other young blonde be alone with him? He has enough money to where he could be somewhere else besides a dingy motel. He was hiding from more than the cops.

puffinstuff

There's definitely a place in hell reserved for this one! A tragic waste of two young lives.

camiesha

What reality show on VH1 was he on?Tool academy or what?This is so sad..

Angie

I guess Karma is a B%$#h, huh??!!

Lori in Chicago

I had a really busy day at work and I was just reading through the last few pages of these posts, trying to catch up on the status of this case...

The posts I find most disturbing are posts like these:

498. TMZ now that this douchebag is dead, will you please stop reporting on these two people who were not even considered D-List celebrities.

Posted at 8:17AM on Aug 24th 2009 by Dixie

"even considered D-List celebrities".. Who the FU*K is "Dixie".... probably somebody not even on the "D-List"....

Do people really feel that this story is unworthy because they are not even "D-List"....

I find that pathetic... I wonder if "Dixie" was murdered, would it even make the news?

This world is in a very sad state because people obviously have no VALUES....

I am really not a complainer but I find comments like these are simply outrageous. Comments like these demonstrate an obvious disregard for human kindness... and the selfishness of Dixie and others like her...

yazzie

The DEVIl is an evil evil being. Iam so so sorry for all of them. Look at the lives wasted ,,,Satan is happy for a little while. There will be more to come that is the way the world is going and it gets worse everyday. Jesus come back soon. Really!

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments