John Mayer's

$25,000 Mug Shot

8/27/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: So The Smoking Gun put the mug up around 5 minutes before us. Before we had it in our hands, we put up a post saying we found the mug and the arrest in Atlanta ... which we posted before they got the mug up. Bottom line -- here's what John said on Twitter: "if Harvey Levin at TMZ can produce my mugshot, I will donate 25k to the charity of his choice."

We found the mug ... so pay up, John.

Here it is -- John Mayer's mug shot.

John Mayer's Mug Shot
John was arrested on May 26, 2001 for driving with a suspended license in Atlanta -- the case was dismissed exactly one month later on June 26.

Time to fork over the dough, pal.

Smoote

I hope TMZ will now post a headline "John Mayer loves Puppies" to be fair. That is if being fair means anything to you.

Linda Mott

Tell him the charity is Harvey Levin Productions. Don't ever challenge TMZ or Harvey to anything. Kobe, did you hear about the 2 baskets?

Brittney

NICE ZITS!

Maybe Proactiv can be his sponsor?

Pauline

Was this another one of Mayer's publicity stunts so you guys would put him on your site and make him look significant? Hope he pays you and I'm glad you chose an animal charity! xoxo

Susan

I want to know, TMZ, why his license was suspended in the first place and how he bought his way out. I'm from Georgia so I know how it works but others don't. How about the entire story here.

Shannon

I can't believe some of you guys are totally missing the point...

John posted a challenge to Harvey with the intention of giving money to a charity. He was willing to give a clue to make sure it happened. I don't care for John Mayer, but this earned some respect. He wanted to turn charity into something fun. How is this different from the March of Dimes Walk-A-Thon? Really?!

It doesn't matter if The Smoking Gun posted it first. The challenge was for Harvey, not The Smoking Gun. Even if TMZ decided to copy it, there were no rules of how to obtain it.

janalal4

yeeeeee!! Congrats TMZ! Pay up for the puppies John. You sure have gotten cuter!

idk..

hahaha, nicee TMZ:)
They even know when was the last time you took a S***

Dawn

I love TMZ and John Meyer

Heene

He looks like an a-hole. Good thing his personality matches the way he looks.

anniecat

please pay up john - it's worth it for the craich (& the puppies!!)

Jard

I cant stand him,,UGLY, pimple faced..jennefer ick ick can have him..what do you dumb broads see in these skinny creeps?? Oh, MONEY,,Thats all

me

i dont know why but im turned on...anyways...hope this link works

charlie

One question: Who is John Mayer?

Janet

Bad skin there........must of been in his teens. Send the money!