DJ AM

Dies

8/28/2009 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell us DJ AM -- also known as Adam Goldstein -- was found dead this afternoon in New York City.

0828_dj_am_police_ex-1
Sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.

Our sources say DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the cops, who gained entrance to his apartment and found the body.

Back in September of 2008, DJ AM and Travis Barker survived a plane crash in South Carolina. Four people died in the crash -- which was caused when the airplane aborted takeoff and then ran off the runway. DJ AM and Barker were the only survivors.

UPDATE: A rep for DJ AM just issued the following statement: "Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found deceased this afternoon in his New York City apartment. The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. Out of respect for his family and loved ones, please respect their privacy at this time."

DJ AM: Click to launch

Jill

never heard of this person. RIP anyway.

A

God gives him a 2nd chance and he kills himself over some stupid BS - 'the useless' youth of the 21th century...OMG!

Not sure if it's more sad or disgusting.

faidra

wow this is a bad story. He just was in a plane crash which almost kills him and now drugs? WOW!! Some people are leaving mean comments and that is disrespectful to him and his family so please grow up and have some respect for this Adam and his family. I met him once and he seemed like a pretty nice guy. He probably was traumatized by the accident and turned to drugs to cope. That happens sometimes so people don't judge until you have walked a mile in someone shoes. RIP Adam! This is sad everyone dieing lately.

IMMissTNA@Hotmail.com

I am very sorry to hear of this tragedy. He was a good person, great dj, and very loved by many .

R.I.P. to you Adam. Your memories will be cherished !

: (
-TNA

TA

While I understand that anyone's passing is tragic to friends and family- why should anyone care that another pampered celebrity wasted their talent and god given gifts and opportunities? Drugs, alcohol, pills, etc- we forgive their addictions because they have talent or celebrity. How hard is it to be rich and famous?

elizabeth

I think it was suicide honestly. The boy seemed like he was suffering to cope after the plane crash last year. This is so sad. All my respects go out to his family and loved ones.

Elow

RIP?!?!?!
Are you FARKING KIDDING ME!!!

D-R-U-G OVERDOSE!!!D-R-U-G OVERDOSE!!!D-R-U-G OVERDOSE!!!D-R-U-G OVERDOSE!!!D-R-U-G OVERDOSE!!!D-R-U-G OVERDOSE!!!D-R-U-G OVERDOSE!!!

Stupid reaps his OWN stupidity!

wammie

This guy is known for what? Being a druggie? Its a good thing he was at least smart enough to be alone when he died. Now we don't have to hear about someone's negligence of not doing something.

Kristen

are you serious?
you may of thought he sucked but doesn't mean he deserved to die. thats horrible.

Cate

DJ AM has this posted on his website--www.djam.com/blog--on Dec. 30th, 2008:

December 30, 2008

Hello All -

Normally I don't feel like I NEED to make a statement like this, but after I read some recently reported untruths I feel like I have to. I want to take a second to address the hurtful posts and clear up any misunderstandings any of you may have about my law suit. I would NEVER sue the deceased pilots' estates or personal holdings. I am more than grateful that I survived this horrible accident and I'd never try to take anything from those that didn't. Despite the misinterpretations of the lawsuit, this suit is against the insurance companies that insured the pilots. I'm not after Sarah's or James' personal estates nor their property. Everyone involved in this suit has suffered a great deal, and I would not do anything to make matters worse for the deceased family and friends. Daily I live with the guilt and grief of what happened that night, what I saw, who was lost and why I was spared. I have no words to express the pain that comes with knowing four people died, while I lived.

Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein

So. All those saying he sued the families....ya wrong, mofos. Poor baby, he was suffering. He was trying to even help other people this past June. To go out like this....such a shame. At least we can say he's free from all the affliction now. Sleep well, Adam, sleep well.

erock

Does anyone know who was the friend that found him? I know Travis Barker was in NYC at The Lab yesterday. How sad would that be if Travis was the one who found him...RIP

starl1ght84

Big Effing deal. just another druggie. no sympathy for people who do this to themselves. Yeah, it sucks. It wasn't like he was the second coming.

tracy

Are you kidding me! Our soldiers are dying to protect our freedom and here everyone is boo-hooing the death of a "celebrity". It nauseates me at how shallow some people are.

Tara

Bill R, how SICK can you be?? How could you EVER say that someones death is "good" just because you didn't like their music? That is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!

Mac

The lifestyle is glorified yet people still do drugs and in the meantime cry when someone overdoses. Hypocrites