DJ AM

Dies

8/28/2009 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell us DJ AM -- also known as Adam Goldstein -- was found dead this afternoon in New York City.

0828_dj_am_police_ex-1
Sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.

Our sources say DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the cops, who gained entrance to his apartment and found the body.

Back in September of 2008, DJ AM and Travis Barker survived a plane crash in South Carolina. Four people died in the crash -- which was caused when the airplane aborted takeoff and then ran off the runway. DJ AM and Barker were the only survivors.

UPDATE: A rep for DJ AM just issued the following statement: "Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found deceased this afternoon in his New York City apartment. The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. Out of respect for his family and loved ones, please respect their privacy at this time."

DJ AM: Click to launch

SSxx

tl;dr time:

Tracy, that shows how shallow YOU are. People will ALWAYS die, people ALWAYS mourn the loss of soldiers. It doesn't lessen the fact that this is a tragedy. He was a hero, idol, and mentor to an overwhelming amount of people. Dj AM (for those people who go, "Who is he? Why should we care?", you aren't going to know EVERY SINGLE DAMN important person. Are you that ignorant?) was an innovator and he helped SAVE many many people's lives by helping them become sober. He was working on an intervention show for MTV. Have you noticed how many celebrities are grieving the loss? It's obviously because everyone who knew him thought he was a great person. I met him briefly before while he was getting ready to DJ in Vegas and he was so sweet, and all the time you hear people talking about how humble he was. Even one of his last tweets, about being asked to throw the first pitch at the Mets game, he went "how does a DJ get this honor?" or something like that.
And how he got hurt worse from that plane crash because he tried to help Travis Barker? That's a sign right there.

But really, he was depressed. He was on pain meds after the crash, and he just recently got off them. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM NOT APPRECIATE HIS LIFE. It's called SURVIVOR'S GUILT, and if you go through that kind of ordeal and don't suffer from it, I'd really like to see. And if you have not, save judging him until you know what the hell you're talking about.

lck

that a boy dj am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From his website

Please Read
December 30, 2008

Hello All -

Normally I don't feel like I NEED to make a statement like this, but after I read some recently reported untruths I feel like I have to. I want to take a second to address the hurtful posts and clear up any misunderstandings any of you may have about my law suit. I would NEVER sue the deceased pilots' estates or personal holdings. I am more than grateful that I survived this horrible accident and I'd never try to take anything from those that didn't. Despite the misinterpretations of the lawsuit, this suit is against the insurance companies that insured the pilots. I'm not after Sarah's or James' personal estates nor their property. Everyone involved in this suit has suffered a great deal, and I would not do anything to make matters worse for the deceased family and friends. Daily I live with the guilt and grief of what happened that night, what I saw, who was lost and why I was spared. I have no words to express the pain that comes with knowing four people died, while I lived.

Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein

Lisa

I think everyone should be respectful to the people that died this year, even if you think he "sucks" doesn't mean you should wish death upon another person. How could you say something like that and not feel like a horrible person inside. R.I.P. to DJ Am and all the other people that died this year [famous or not].

Vicki26

My condolences go out to the family in this time of heartbreak! But to the AS*Hole that put "Good...He sucked"...Your just mad that when you die, NOBODY WILL CARE!!! GO jump off a bridge Retard!!!

cobbcobb

final destination

Bobby

Who gives a sh*t !

Bobby

Belle-Air---- MJ was walking death not a shock there. Farra- cancer, Ted Kennedy -cancer, Billy Mayes- bad heart. You can expect any celebrity to die at any moment and it wont be shocking. Drugs don't care how good of health you are in....too much will kill you.

Big Al

So many HIGH PROFILE people die this year(Ted Kennedy, MJ,Walter Cronkite,...)

Give me a break he was nothing more than a human mp3 player that dated Nicole Ritche. To put him in the same category as Walter Cronkite is an insult to one of the greatest newscaster's who ever held a mike !!
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/28/dj-am-dies/#ixzz0PdMtmFif

Paradise

May he rest in peace. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. RIP Adam.

burnese

oh who cares, another overpaid bottle service club whore, playing crappy pop music for airheads and douchebags. on the list of great tragedies that happened last week, it isn't even a whistle. Darwin Award, one less fool.

steve

G

347. Wow some of the comments are disgusting.It takes a really low person to make such nasty comments about someone who is dead someone who I am sure none of you ever met and someone who I am sure made more money than any of you

----------------------------------------------------------

What does him making more money have to do with this? Your comment is ridiculous. People are bashing him because he survived a plane crash and then was still reckless. It is sad tragedy. However the truth still remains that he got a second chance to live and threw it away. I know if I had survived a plane crash that I would be super cautious and I surely wouldnt pick up a crack pipe and mix it with prescription drugs.

Do I feel sorry for him? Yes. I feel sorry for him. However he did it to himself.

Jose