« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Players Sue Over Being Traded

8/28/2009 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NBA star Tracy McGrady's autograph is over 16x more valuable than fellow baller Deandre Jordan's -- this courtesy of a lawsuit filed against a trading card company.

Nine NBAers -- McGrady, Jordan, Brandon Roy, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, D.J. Augustin, T.J. Ford, Antawn Jamison, Anthony Randolph and DeAndre Jordan -- are suing Topps, claiming they were all only partially paid for their autograph deals.

The most interesting part ... how much Topps paid per autograph.

McGrady -- $50
Rose -- $25
Roy -- $18
Westbrook -- $10
Jamison -- $10
Ausgustin -- $8
Randolph -- $7
Ford -- $6
Jordon -- $3

All nine combined are suing for $300,000.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

snakeman

FIRST BIATCHES!!!
Yes I did it I'm the man wahoooo damn I’m good!
I got my cash money, my biatches, my big house, my wheels; I got everything! Top of the world, the winner takes it all, feels so good!

Captain Obvious

Do You Guys Proof Read At All ???????????????????

A Person

HAY WHORES!! IM THIRD

lazz

I saw Kevin Love and a bunch of other sports legends at a charity dinner last week.

balls

balls

rimman

What, their multimillion dollar salaries aren't enough? They charge fans for autographs?

Maybe if they were literate and could do something aside from scrawling an X on a piece of paper...

RobDogg

Hey rimman, maybe they're just, i don't know, angry about a complete breach of contract. Topps said they would pay out and they didn't, the salary paid by the players' teams have nothing to do with this. It's not the players charging the fans for an autograph, rather the Topps corporation is commissioning the players to sign Topps brand cards and selling the product for their own profit.
And as for you comment about literacy, Brandon Roy at least graduated from the University of Washington in 4 years. Probably better than your whiny self.

gilmore

The real issue here (not to sound overly nerdy) is that the topps company has lost its license to produce NBA cards to an Italian company named Panini.

I would bet the refusal to pay is tied to that License loss.

Archer

Only $3 a signature? I'M OUTRAGED!!!

Kenneth