Travis Barker -- 'Rest in Peace My Brother'

8/30/2009 12:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Travis BarkerTravis Barker has taken to Twitter to mourn the loss of his close friend DJ AM -- in bursts of 140 characters or less.

Barker wrote: "Don't know how i am gonna play 2night but i am for AM. My brother is gone.i love u and miss u, i'll never forget all the good times we had.

Followed shortly by: "I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time i play the drums i'll think of you. U were an amazing friend/DJ/human being."

And lastly: "Rest In Peace my brother, this really f**ks me up."

Cin

RIP DJ AM! You will be missed.

Cin

Fools Rush In

RIP AM

Only marry foreign women

Drugs kill. If you have not figured that out yet.

Also marriage causes divorce.

Quiet

Hope he doesn't go next. This is a season of "death epidemic".

to little

lol I hope he is next. Hollywood on drugs.

JR

Hold the ones you love close

Life is like a dream

R.I.P DJ AM

stacy

Please have some respect for Travis, his family, friends and the family and loved ones of DJ AM...
It is very sad that he died, you don't know the pain this young man may have been in. We are not stupid - we all know drugs can kill. Don't judge the man for the pain he has gone through. He is in a much better place one where he will not be judged. And remember- he is someone's son. A mom and dad are mourning tonight. My heart goes out to everyone involved. Travis, may you find peace too.

OhWell

Hey Put That Crack Pipe Down

T-Town

Gotta keep going to AA/NA meetings if you want to make it - Addiction kills - RIP DJ AM

Jodie

Rest in peace DJ. you will be missed

Janet

Post traumatic stress. This is obviously why old Travis is so inconsiderately mean to Shanna all the time. Oh, and Travis's stress of suing the dead pilot's families.

Try to be thankful you survived Travis. Try to be kind to Shanna. You did love her once, she was there for you after the crash, appendage or not, and she is the mother of your children and they don't need to see you belittling her all the time. ~ Besides, you could have been the one to die instead of DJ AM.

God Bless you DJ AM!

Jard

AA and NA work some but Go figure the Real results to a Sober-Drug Free Life..Hear No Evil--See No Evil-- Do no Evil= Most of His Music was Evil, Loud, OBscene, meaningless..I dont know who this guy is was but what did he really do for Mankind?? Scratch Records in night clubs..OH Boy, what a Guy..He had a heart attack smoken CRACK..He was UNhappy..I would be too if I lived his life which was meaningless..My point is he had NO Life..Sorry..It is sad he died too YOUNG B4 finding his true purpose..Also after his plane crash..He must not have been very grateful to be alive..Addiction is a HORROR show..Find the Truth..Search 4 the truth

allofcraigs dotcom

its a really sad situation. he had his whole life ahead of him. its too bad. but on an upside....people are selling his stuff on http://www.allofcraigs.com

Vic

Didn't know him so I could care less.

Gia

Put down the pipe, pookie!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments