Jackson Gets Posthumous B'Day Gift from Vegas

8/30/2009 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson was honored in Las Vegas last night -- on what would have been his 51st birthday -- with a star on the Palms Casino Resort's Walk of Fame.

Joe Jackson

Robin Leach presented the star to Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who said, "I wish he was here to see this take place."

Afterwards, Joe had dinner at the N9NE Steakhouse at the Palms and then went up to the Playboy Club. After that, he went to another nightclub called Moon, where the DJ played Michael Jackson songs all night.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

RENEE EWING

I AGREE EVERYONE IS PRAISING HIM NOW THAT HE IS DEAD. BUT WHERE WAS EVERYONE AT WHEN HE WAS GOING THROUGH THE COURT TRIALS FOR CHILD MELOSTATION. NO ONE WAS THERE EVERYONE WAS LOOKING DOWN ON HIM. AND I KNOW WHY, WHAT HE WAS ACCUSED OF WAS WRONG. BUT NOW THAT HE IS GONE MAY HE R.I.P EVERYONE IS PRAISING HIM AND TRYING TO BENEFIT FROM HIS DEATH. THATS WRONG, SOLVE THE REASON FOR HIS DEATH AND LET HIM BE

Pookie

The pervert is dead!
Enough with honoring creeps including murderer Kennedy.

ML

He needs to sit his old ass down somewhere. I think the Jackson clan need to gather together to admit him to a nursing facility. I think ole Joe is sufferng from Alzheimers and dementia.

Lilarose

The Jehovah Witnesses I know don't frequent Las Vegas nightclubs.

Or any night clubs.

Anne

" I wish he were here too...RIP Michael.

Nicole

Please sign the Michael Jackson Nobel peace Prize petition. Google it.

just an observation

Joe Jackson is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses

Vanesa

RIP MJ, you're the BEST EVER

HeyLittleRichGirl

Joe Jackson doesn't know Michael why is he there?
Oh Well Happy belated B-day MJ

Your children are in my prayers.
I love you more.

raLU

it's kind of ironic Joe being there instead of Michael or even representing him

Irene

To the Playboy Club..................??? After something like that? After honoring your DEAD SON??? The man is DISGUSTING!!!

Morty M

There's just something right about all of this... Where were all these people when Michael needed support during his trial? Now they are honoring him left and right,in playing his music all night long. Papa Joe is getting all this attention. I don't think he should be in the limelight at this point. People are still upset at him for how he treated Michael and for the dumb things he continues to say. Where is Katherine in all of this? If it's about Honoring Michael don't you think they should both be there? Oh...and Michael hasn't been buried yet, that right!
Anybody advising this family?

anon

Without the 50% ownership he acquired in the Beatles catalog, MJ would have died a pauper. His own musical output was never worth anywhere near the value of the catalog he later bought.

Jill

Kooky pookie is an idiot. Joe knows what really happened between him and his son. He will have to live with his regrets. Meanwhile, we have lost an incredible talent.

Elissa

Yeah, let's head off to the Playboy Club after I act like I'm missing my golden paycheck, er um . . . son.

Joe Jackson = Pig Vomit.