Gladys Knight to Sing at Michael's Funeral

9/2/2009 8:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gladys Knight We've learned there will be a special guest singing at Michael Jackson's burial tomorrow night: Gladys Knight.

Knight's rep confirmed the singer -- who knew Michael when he was little and once shared the same manager with him -- will perform at tomorrow's service.

The service will take place at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA.

Hugh Jass

Michael has been stone cold dead in that freezer at Forest Lawn so long now that:
1)he must think he found a cold day in Hell, and that
2)he's the King of Popsicles!

I'd much rather hear "and The Pips" than Gladys Knight.

HATERS ARE DESPERATE!

43. What a great man, he LOVED THE WORLD WITH ALL HIS HEART, it was an UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and he really wanted to HEAL IT, STOP WARS and DESTRUCTION and have people find a common ground IN LOVE and GOODNESS and SHARING !

Michael, you were too good for this world, for the people here, for the decadence of the community around us. You are finally up with the angels, where you belong, may you RIP ! We will do our best to CARRY ON YOUR LOVE and SELFLESSNESS and teach it to our little ones.

Posted at 9:27PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by ADRIANA

44. People he cared for abused his trust deceived him, his father abused him verbally and physically; and then worst of all the media/press raped and stripped him of his dignity publicly and hounded him mercilessly. And through it all he smiled!

I wonder how many of us would withstand the same introspection into our lives and how we would handle the pain. Before we case stones at MJ maybe we should imagine ourselves in his life and ask ourselves how would we manage it? How would we escape the pain?

Posted at 9:27PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by ADRIANA

-------------------------------------------

Beautiful posts! Thank you!

danica

I am so glad Gladys s bring given this honor. The industry has never given her the credit she deserves for her part in the discovery of the Jackson 5.

Time Space

First of all.. the family never had a funeral, it was a memorial that was for fans so fans were never kept out. A proper funeral is for close friends and family none of which is problably on this board.

Second, they probably kept the body out because of the investigation. Would it be better to bury the man, then have him exhumed?

Third, fans need to realize that they are FANS, not family. No matter how much you may question these people, they are his blood.

A mother has lost her son. No mother wants to die before their child.

Fourth, the family is not just the people you see in the news. Respect the entire family not just the ones you deem suspect.

Hmmmmm

Posted at 9:27PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by ADRIANA

Posted at 9:27PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by ADRIANA

SAME POSTS DIFFERENT DAY. WHY DO YOU KEEP REPEATING YOURSELF???? IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NEW TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

a fan

It is good that MJ is getting some respect from Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross and Gladys Knight also Berry Gordy coming to his funeral. And Oprah is going to do a show about him. MJ had a memorial service but not a funeral in July. It is good that they are interring him in Forest Lawn where he will be safe.

Raejean

Oh, craps, will you just bury him already?

Kaz

Can someone tell me what time sunset is in LA pls?

I'm in a time zone which is 8 hours ahead, and I want to make sure I stay awake and think about Michael and his children while he is buried.

This funeral should have taken place weeks ago, and I am sure it will be incredibly difficult for his kids, but hopefully they (and his fans) will start to get some sort of closure and continue the grieving process from there.

You're always in my heart Michael.

Hmmmmm

No mother wants to die before their child.

Posted at 10:06PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by Shannon

OK!!!! I THINK YOU ARE WRONG HERE. I WOULD THINK A MOTHER WOULD WANT TO DIE BEFORE THEIR CHILD DOES. I KNOW I WOULD!!!!!!

Hmmmmm

59. Can someone tell me what time sunset is in LA pls?

Posted at 10:13PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by MJ I Will Be There 4u Always

WELL I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND RIGHT NOT IT'S 7:20 PM. IT'S NOT DARK OUT YET. SUNSET I BELIEVE IS BETWEEN 7:30 AND 8:00 PM..

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

GLADYS KNIGHT DISCOVERED THE JACKSONS, NOT DIANA/DIANE ROSS.

Hmmmmm

61. 59. Can someone tell me what time sunset is in LA pls?

Posted at 10:13PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by MJ I Will Be There 4u Always

WELL I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND RIGHT NOW IT'S 7:25 PM. IT'S NOT DARK OUT YET. SUNSET I BELIEVE IS BETWEEN 7:30 AND 8:00 PM..

Posted at 10:22PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by insane

I LIVE IN LA

barb

Can someone tell me what time sunset is in LA pls?

Posted at 10:13PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by MJ I Will Be There 4u Always

Sunset a few minutes ago here so I'd say about 7:15 PM PT.

Kaz

Thanks Insane.

Oh well a very late night for me tomorrow then up to about 5am.

But Michael is so worth it.

Time Space

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/02/gladys-knight-to-sing-at-michaels-funeral/4#comments#ixzz0Q0TUpVgb

I meant no mother wants to bury their child..my bad