Michael Jackson Burial -- Sugar on Top

9/2/2009 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's burial will be in good taste -- right down to the delicious doughnuts.

Michael Jackson
Jackson's family had a minor obsession with the "Ricotta Doughnuts" from Market Restaurant in Stamford, CT -- and we've learned boxes of them will be shipped tonight for the service.

Here's the dessert's delectable description: Cinnamon-sugared doughnuts made with fresh ricotta, crushed amaretti cookies and a creme angalaise.

Michael jackson Launch photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

$$$

mmmmm

Laura

OMG! Someone please pass the tissue & lets bury this poor soul!

MsMeowzers

balls

balls

Homie1Kanobe

Bout damn Time

balls

On top of OLD KOOKY,
All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball
When somebody sneezed.

Jane

Nice to see there will be an air of dignity and class to the event.
NOT. I mean, POSSIBLY, if these donuts were a fave of MJ, but no...the 'family' likes them and hey, the funeral is being paid for by the estate, so what the hell...let's fly in some doughnuts.

Cali MJ Fan

MICHAEL IS PAYING FOR 12 PLOTS AT FOREST LAWN..... WTF !?!?!?!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h9a7kycTsBsS5YVilTVuapWmQ4JgD9AFAO4O0 (read the whole thing)

Quoting the AP:
"Few details about the service have been disclosed. Cohen said during the hearing that part of the reason it was...

****EMPHASIS HERE****
so expensive was because 12 burial spaces were being bought.
****EMPHASIS HERE****

Beckloff said normally, costs of a funeral would be paid by the estate after the service. But Jackson's family couldn't afford to pay the costs upfront and wait for reimbursement."

JACKSONS HAVE NOOOOO CLASS!!! Michael is now paying for them ALL to have famous plots! WTF!!!!

MICHAEL IS PAYING FOR 12 PLOTS AT FOREST LAWN..... WTF !?!?!?!
MICHAEL IS PAYING FOR 12 PLOTS AT FOREST LAWN..... WTF !?!?!?!
MICHAEL IS PAYING FOR 12 PLOTS AT FOREST LAWN..... WTF !?!?!?!
MICHAEL IS PAYING FOR 12 PLOTS AT FOREST LAWN..... WTF !?!?!?!

Sorry.. I knew there was a reason this was ridiculous! Like Michael would want his family buried WITH him. Just ridiculous! Tacky Tasteless Greedy Unbelievable.

StarLight

Starligth

well if that is what MJ wanned ok...

LOVE YOU MICHAEL JACKSON
KING OF POP
KING OF POP
KING OF POP
FOR EVER
STARLIGTH

InPerspective

I guess so. Gotta admit, they sure sound tasty but I imagine (from my rather frugal viewpoint) this is going to be costly unless the Stamford Market folks donate 'em...or would that be dough-nate.

:P

-----------------------------------------------
2. I'm all for comfort food, but flying in doughnuts from the east coast for this occasion? No wonder the cost of the funeral is so high. Is this just how celebrity life works? (or, how family-of-celebrity life works...)
----------------------------------------------

pam

...and they will bill Michael's estate for that too. Tacky...donuts at a funeral.

pl

They could have done without the donuts. Wonder how much that alone will cost. At least he is finally being laid to rest. May your soul be at peace now Michael.

Speechless

Michelle

Michael you were such a sweet sweet spirit and I will miss you soooooo much.:-(
I Love you more!
Rest in Peace.

pl

15. I just checked the Market's website and the donuts are $8 each. No wonder they went to court for the money!

Posted at 2:32PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by Dunkin Donuts
-----------------------------------------------------
$8 a piece for a donut! Good God! I hope they didn't invite K-Fed to the burial!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments