Britney Spears 'Oughta Know' Better ...

9/6/2009 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

... than to try and sing live at a concert.

She attempted to pull off a cover of Alanis Morissette's classic "You Oughta Know" during her concert last night in Greensboro, NC.

The question is ...

Leann Gosselin

LOL at "br1t the slut" comments posted at 6:43!!!! hahahhahaha!!!!
Britney Spears has ALWAYS been a train wreck and ALWAYS will be a train wreck!!!!! she makes me sick!! I only live an hr away from Greensboro and the local radio station was giving out free tickets, and if I had won one thru their station, I would have hung myself!!!
I would have been sooo MAD!!!!!! go back to Louisianna you whore!!!!!!

jdi

She looked fat in those pants. And all she was doing was singing over Alanis's voice.

Rachie

Do people really still pay to watch her!! Whenever I have seen her concert videos, she just lip syncs and struts around the stage - BORING! Good on her for fighting her past demons but I think Britney has had her time. In the case of Michael Jackson who was put on this earth to entertain us with his voice and dancing some artists will never be able to sustain it in the entertainment world for half the time that he did.

Natalie

Britney was great :) nobody is ever satisfied tho u moan when she mimes and moan when she sings :S what is she supposed to do. i think she did a really good job and is certainly improving :D go Britney !!

Party 'till you die!

Still just a trained cow on a thick leash. Then she gets to go home and have her daddy run every last aspect in her life because she is too much of a retard to do it herself! And it sure as sounds exactly like she sang right over Alanis' voice!

TheMizzz

Trying to pull off A.M ?? Please! That is one serious case of MUFFIN TOP by the way..........

Marcelo

It sounds amazing! What's wrong with you people? I think Britney decided to make a change and she's done it. I'm glad she's back on shape. Way to go!

Lori in Chicago

Video quality is terrible so I can't form an honest opinion. She is thin but her pants are too tight for her...

cjs

I think she did fine, plus the audience was singing with her, and lets face it it was bootleg so of course the sound, picture quality is not so great. Go to YouTube and watch any live concert of any band that was filmed via this manner and none of it is good. That said, again I reiterate she did fine, Brit is BACK !!

uh oh

Yep, as usual, TMZ pegged this right. She is a joke and her voice is crap. That belly fat doesn't help, hanging over those pants. I bet Alanis was laughin her azz off. Bloatney should stick to miming and flailing her arms. It's what she does best.

who cares

um, did anyone else notice that she's just singing along with the actual song? most of that is alanis morisette singing... but come one, britney NEVER sounds good live. I'm a fan (although I would die before I paid to see her lip sync).

k.m

WTF. and I have tickets to her concert tomorrow in detroit. that is what i have to look forward to. very disappointing.

for now

Brit did a fine job of singing as usual,much better
than this Aleci Boringschet whoever he is.

Greg

She did good, better than I expected for it to be live. My problem lies in the fact she OBVIOUSLY knows Beyoncé does this song on her "I Am... Tour". Not to take away from a great song, but it's sorta random that she just happened 2 throw it in her set-list while Bey is on break from her tour...

jeezlouise

Ummm, Did she lipsynch with Alanis playing behind her? Wtf is that? Is she kidding? Are people really happy to pay to see karaoke? What is this world coming to? How dumb are you people?