Ellen: I'm the New Judge on 'American Idol'

9/9/2009 9:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul's vacant seat at the judges table on "American Idol" has officially been filled ... by Ellen DeGeneres.

Ellen announced the big news during a taping of her talk show today, saying "I have a big announcement to make. No one knows this ... I am going to be the new judge on 'American Idol.'"

KINGOFHORROR

BOOO Shows way to GAY!

scat2me

There goes the show ... straight to hell what a mistake the most annoying person in the country! No the Universe!!

Lisa in Tennessee

You really cannot blame anyone for Paula being replaced by Ellen but Paula herself. Even before Fox could get to her contract negotiations, she was already dogging them out because they were doing Simon and Ryans first. If she would have just waited, they would have gotten to her. Her mistake was feeling that she was irreplacable but Fox showed her that everyone but Simon on American Idol is replacable. After being stuck that many years in a stalled career, she should have been thankful to make 5-8 million a year. She made more on Idol than she ever did her singing career anyway. You see where greed gets u sometimes..out the door. Next guest Idol judge is jermaine jackson, in tribute to Michael of course..lol

LakersFan

Noooooooooooooooo. What the hell! She was a guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance and she sucked ass. She says the same thing to every person and tries to crack a corny joke that isn't even funny along with her "comments." This is the kiss of death for American Idol.

Afan

Offcially GAY! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Nix

Surely this can't be so. I did watch her the night she was a guest judge on 'So You Think You Can Dance' and only near the end was she plausible as before that she kept cracking jokes. She is a comedian and unfortunately they usually can't stop making jokes as they like the feedback -hence attention. But, the show is about the singers not the comedian/judge. I don't see it working. Also, what about her tv show? Is this a hoax? If it's true, then I only give her one season. Yes, it should be someone from the music industry as a judge. What about Terry Clark, my fav country singer, or Olivia Newton John, Michelle Wright, Brandi,
one of the Pointer sisters, Gladys Knight, on and on....

whatsup

balls

LWH

Good move for the show...replacing a boring talentless robot with a funny lesbo!

tambam22

I love Ellen it will def be comical but what does she know about signing?

beth

I love Ellen!

C-Town

I think Ellen is a perfect replacement. Based solely on the fact of her non-record industry experience. She will be most objective. With her being a lesbian that will make it more comforting for the future contestants who are of that persuasion. My only concern is that will this cause bad blood between Paula and Ellen? Smart move American Idol as it was definitely time to inject more new blood into the judges panel. Now if only Randy can change his dialogue. Nothing against him personally but I think the show would benefit from his replacement as well. Kara Dioguardi isn't going anywhere as she is the eye candy of the bunch.

warbler

Ellen working for FOX. money wins over integrity.

Darren

52. BOOO Shows way to GAY!

Posted at 9:28PM on Sep 9th 2009 by KINGOFHORROR

You should go back to where you belong. Hanging between George Bushes legs. F'n homophobes.

WillOTheWisp

I'm pretty sure this is a joke. It's got to be!

Jean

What the hell does she know about singing?