Nick Hogan's Crash Victim Leaves Hospital

9/9/2009 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Iraq War veteran who suffered brain damage when Nick Hogan wrecked his car on August 26, 2007 was finally released from the hospital today.

John Graziano left the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital in Tampa today in the care of his mother, after doctors determined his condition had improved enough to go home, this according to TampaBay.com.

John -- who will still need 24-hour assistance -- fractured his skull when Hogan's car hit a palm tree in Clearwater, FL during a street race. Hogan spent five months in jail over the accident -- the Graziano's civil lawsuit against the Hogan family is still pending.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

PASSION OF THE TAINT

When I first looked at the picture I thought it was a blowup doll or wax person...That is so sad!!!

Then I got chocked up and felt treble...

I hope this poor guy gets all of that evil Hogan fortune…

Serra

Oh my God, that boy used to be gorgeous.... and now he can't do anything. :(

Steph

I think nick Hogan got away with practically murder! This guy who has brain damage is basically gone. It's like he's dead. He's not the same person. Nick needs to be put away for life. Just like he ruined his friends life.

TxGrl0527

janalal4

I live in Tampa, just a few miles from Clearwater where the crash occurred & this sorry ass family live. To people here, this whole family is thought of as a BIG JOKE!! They are constantly on the local news here doing something stupid either for publicity or simply because they ARE stupid! There is plenty of blame here to go around & it starts with that imbecile father "HULK". He continues to allow his son to drive & buy him new cars every other day, despite the number of tickets the "little turd" racks up! Then more blame should be placed on the cops who pull him over for speeding, see who he is , & LET HIM GO WITH ONLY WARNINGS! Were this you or I? Our license would have been GONE long before we got the chance to destroy someone's life like this. Mama is dating a guy who's like 19 & acting like a complete idiot. Embarrassing herself all over town! Their daughter, Brooke, they've allowed to dress like a complete slut since she was about 8. She used to sing the national anthem at hockey games here at the local arena & the whole family would come & make a SPECTACLE of themselves. They act like "hillbilly trash" & little Miss Brooke cusses like a sailor!! Most people here don't watch their "reality tv crap" because we don't want to put a single penny in their pockets. I hope Nick get's his own show because he is going to need all the money he can get when the jury awards a HUGE verdict to this family because the way sentiment swings in this town, there's no jury that could be picked from anywhere around here in the "bay area" that wouldn't jump with the joy at the idea of taking every dime this family has or will earn from now until the end of time!! TAMPA BAY HATES THE HOGAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CC

I pray for this man and his family. So sad.

Skank

I believe he was in the car joy riding WITH his friend NICK! Nick wasn't alone partying! While this is a VERY tragic situation, I know Nick didn't hurt his friend on purpose but yes, 5 mos in jail is too little!

mellow

143. Nick is a POS. I totally agree with that. But, John was not wearing his seatbelt. If he had been wearing his seatbelt, things could have been completely different. So, as much as I dislike Nick Hogan and his stupidity, he's not 100% at fault. I don't condone his racing, or anything else the little $hit has done...but he can't be blamed 100% for John's condition.

Posted at 10:10AM on Sep 10th 2009 by Kristin
True enough..
Hope he is able to thrive more at home and they get all the help they need making what he has left in life fulfilling.

who cares

Nick you make me sick...look at this poor man, lost and sad because of you! Shame on you, you heartless little punk!

Ga in TX

His parents will be responsible for him as long as they live--when they die -- what will happen to him? Placement in an institution? I agree with number 15.

The entire situation is so very sad.

Jen

There isn't more to say than what has been posted here already. It disgusts me that this punk wrecked this man's life and his family's lives forever and all he got was juvi. How disgusting. I hope that they all have to file bankruptcy after the lawsuit and that Nick really learned from this. I know his parents did not teach him anything.

Shay

I usually have alot to say but, I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS, let me see if I can find them to speak of this dispicable, horrific, sickening situation...seeing that it has been 2 years and John is just now going home!!! I hope this makes Nick sick as well! It is just pathetic how the family is STILL on TV after having this on their conscience, oh wait they don't have one.
Brooke, what are you thinking having that low life brother of yours come out of jail and make an appearance on your show??? Have you people, (oh I mean sorry excuse for a human) NO SHAME and are you really that heartless to continue to parade your disgusting family on TV??? Wow I hope someone passing Nick on a sidewalk just hauls off and takes him down...if I were a member of John's family, some kind of action as such would be inevidable!!! I mean, you are out and just going back to your little me,me,me,me family, have fun...hey why don't you roll around in a wheel-chair with your legs and arms tied down and then see how life is??? There's your reality show...people can place bets on how long your spoiled bratness could handle it!!! Hope you have eyes in the back of your head not because of me but just the public in general!
I was speechless, but somehow I got the anger out, but excuse me because I have to go throw-up....Nick you make me SICK, watch out for KARMA!!!

John's family,
I hope I spoke from your hearts for you and all the rest of us, BLESS you and my prayers are with you!

LeLonna

It truely amazes me at the lack of concern for this family. I mean he permanently altered this guys life and it seems he can careless. How absolutely horrific that there are real people like this in this world. And for his dad to actually say it' God's will for him to be like that it makes me cry because he clearly knows nothing of the lord and his will. Five months is nowhere near enough compensation for what he has done. But what god really has in store for him is still to be seen. I refuse to believe he will get off that easy.....Eye for an Eye.

joel

John, good luck with your recovery. I am glad that Linda has been able to come to an amicable financial arrangement to help offset some of the pain and suffering in this matter. As far as the Jr. Bollea he is a product of poor upbringing and a father that was far to lacks. Then a mother that was over protective. The entire Bollea family are a hot mess and always have been. Nick this will continue to haunt you throughout your life, you need to make ammends for what has happened and then get the respect back that you have lost.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7