Ellen to 'Idol' Fans -- Don't Hate Me

9/10/2009 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen DeGeneresEllen DeGeneres made a plea to "Idol" nation today -- telling fans that she's not to blame for Paula Abdul's departure from the show.

A seemingly excited Ellen called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning, where she told Ryan she doesn't want people to think she's "evil" for taking Paula's job.

Though Paula has yet to comment on the switch, Ellen also said, "I hope Paula is okay with it."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mrez golucky

Yikes!

LakersFan

This is SO gay!

Mike

How can she be the next judge? How can she stand in judgment in a music competition without a music background?

She is a terrible choice and I doubt she will last more than a season. What were they thinking in offering her this position? What a terrible choice.

whatsup

balls

HKS

I think she is going to be perfect!!! She has a passion for music and pop culture and she will bring a bit of a comical side to it as well. I can't wait to see it!!!!

mrez golucky

American Idol = Jump the shark!-- Yikes!

dish rags

Not first whores!

TMZ941

She has no music creditability, they should have gotten Mary J Blige or someone else. Besides, she's going to be too nice and dance like she crazy.

dish rags

whatsup

Pee Wee

Isn't haven't her own show enough? This is a BAD Choice for American Idol! She has no musical background maybe she should have went for Dancing With The Stars since we all know she loves to dance! BRING BACK PAULA ASAP

Anya

I think Ellen would be a great addition to the panel!

Terry

Going to work for fox tv are you kidding!!Poor paula she thought Ellen was a friend big suprise,money makes all the difference

whocares

I wonder if this is part of the Adam Lambert backlash, when some people accused AI of not wanting an openly gay Idol. It is rumored Adam was told to keep his sexuality quiet on the show. I like Ellen, but because she likes music doesn't mean she knows music. Why in the heck hasn't Randy Jackson brought on Steve Perry of Journey to be a judge, at least a guest judge. Randy you worked with him...pull some strings. As for Ellen, there is nothing about her that would make me want to tune into AI. I didn't care too much for Kara last season. As Seacrest would say... this viewer OUT!

bitzod

wants some BUTTER to goe with a 20 year old pusspuss she`s on the hunt again hide your kids

I don't hate you, Ellen. Ellen, if you're reading this, I think you're going to be an amazing addition to AI. Congratulations!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments