Paula Abdul to Ellen -- 'Good Luck'

9/10/2009 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul has finally broken her silence about American Idol's decision to replace her with Ellen DeGeneres -- releasing the following statement:

"AMERICAN IDOL is a fantastic show that offers an invaluable platform to young talent. Ellen DeGeneres is wildly funny and talented in her own right. I wish her and the show only the best of luck."

Earlier today, DeGeneres told Ryan Seacrest she hoped "Paula is OK" with the decision.

Sounds like Ellen doesn't have anything to worry about.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sarah

ugh whyyyy

The Truth

Won't be the same... Won't be as funny..

streetdude

Paula, I know it's bad news, But try not to pop some pills and top them off with a few drinks, It's not going to help..Take care Paula

BJean

Paula is just to nice and sweet to have a problem over this, but I sure do as well as many other viewers. American Idol will never be the same and I just hope that it will be a complete flop to show FOX that the viewers wants Paula back. FOX should want the viewers to be happy and watch American Idol, buy it sure looks like they just don't care what the viewers want.

Bex

Paula Abdul is aware that America knows she is childish, drunk, high and unprofessional. Just because she said this, doesn't mean she means it. We all know she is downing pills and crying her immature azz off. She is an utter dolt and I hope she offs herself.

Manbearpig

I think its absolutley helarios that she was replaced by her own GREED... What was she doin before that lame a$$ show.. NOTHING!!! I would have done it for a fration of what she was making.. Should have taken what u was given and stfu!

punchapap

I never cared for the show, but Ellen will make it worse with her "comedy" input. And now the gay contestants will have a judge in their corner.

Jill Goessling

WHAT A STUPID CHOICE. I don't get this one at all.
This show has gone off it's rocker. It used to be
my favourite show. Good luck with a totally inexperienced
person in this field.

same same same

Yes, I wish it was a joke!

Tink44

Im still not watching. Even if it was Paulas decision not to return, I cant stand Kara. I love Simon, but its not American Idol without Simon and Paula picking on each other.

COLONEL KERNEL

What is Ellen's musical background again?

Sharona

That was very gracious of Paula. Clearly, she is struggling with some sort of addiction, as she has become increasingly erratic, and downright incoherent at times. I hope she takes this time to take care of herself and get some help. I really liked her on "Idol."

I'm willing to give Ellen a chance.

COLONEL KERNEL

ONE SMART FELLOW, HE FELT SMART

TWO SMART FELLOWS, THEY FELT SMART

THREE SMART FELLOWS, THEY ALL FELT SMART

epsalo

As Paula said the show is a good platform for up and coming artists, and I do think the contestants need to be critiqued by people who are in the music industry to be more sucessful. Since they already have three such judges, that's all they need. So Ellen, if she is really honest with them (not just too sappy and nice) can perhaps critique them as a fan or lover of music or just someone that would someday be listening to them on the radio or something. I think she should be ok on the show.

YourMomma

I love Ellen and I think she will be the 1st voice of the people. And can ya'll imagine how hilarious she will be in the 1st auditions. (But not this year, already done.) She DOES know music, just watch her show. She shows me new stuff everyday. She has her hand on the pulse. BUH BYE Paula!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments