Patrick Swayze

Dies

9/14/2009 8:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick Swayze Dies
Patrick Swayze
died today after a long battle with cancer. He was 57.

Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January 2008. His publicist says he died with his family at his side.

He was the star of such movies as "Ghost," "Dirty Dancing," and "Road House." Swayze was named People's Sexiest Man Alive in 1991.

More Today in TMZ History

Patrick Swayze

jessemosslover

Aww, now THIS one is sad. GOD bless him and my conesdolences go out to his wife and family. Rest In Peace Patrick and thank you for entertaining us all these years. You'll be remembered as an amazing dancer and a good actor.

Whadda-Do

Another victim of smoking. Taken too soon. R.I.P.

Laurie

May Patrick Rest in Peace! Bless his wife and family during this horrible time. It was always so nice to see how much Patrick and his wife loved each other. My heart goes out to her.

homie1kanobe

I heard a rumor and I need to know if it's true, Did Patrick smoke cig's until the day he died?

Joe

aww terrible. R.I.P I loved roadhouse.

San Francisco

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross devoted her life to death, dying & learning from it.
Patrick Swayze kept saying he was OK. He lied. Honesty = dignity.

ok

crazy stuff... rip

john johnson

rest in peace patrick.

i love the 80

SO SAD, HE WAS SUCH A GOOD MAN. HE WILL BE MISSED ... = ( I LIFT UP HIS FAMILY IN MY PRAYERS..

Karen

He was a true gentleman and a gentle man....RIP

jessica

oh no :(

Google-me-bitch!

it's so immature and dumb when people rejoice at someone's death. people have families and loved ones . if you have nothing nice to say why don't you just keep quiet? how would you feel if it was your husband/son and someone says burn in hell to u? gosh! makes me sick!

Hope his family finds comfort with good memories

Ken

pancreatic cancer and bone cancer 2 that are a death sentence. a matter of when not if. All that smoking didn't help the situation, either.

Rachel

This is so very sad. RIP Patrick, I hope you are now at peace.

My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends at this sad time.

christy

What is with comment #33 Jane? Where are you comming from to take time to send a comment like that? You are inappropriate and should be removed. Perhaps that is where you will be headed.

What a difficult last few months the family has had to deal with, this is a most difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Patrick is with the Angels now. We will miss you, Patrick. Thanks for sharing your talent with the world.