Obama

Caught on Tape

Calling Kanye 'Jackass'

9/15/2009 5:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Obama Caught on Tape Calling Kanye 'Jackass'TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

After making the remarks, Obama said "Where's the pool?" Presumably, he was worried the joke would go wide. He noted the last time that happened, he got burned for killing a fly.

Obama said, "Cut the President some slack."

Kanye's Big Show

La Toya Jackson

Love Obama !!! .. Right on !!! .. Even clowns need health care

Caron Bryan

Holla!!! I love it!!

J

Out of line Obama! .......Keep shaking things up Kanye
conformity and walking a single file line sucks ass.

MJ

I think it's awesome that he said that. Way to go Obama!

Pablo Alleycorn

Takes one to know one! He's right - it's obvious, but I guess da Prez dint learn his lesson last time he spouted off against the Cambridge Police Officer. Time for another beer and smoke summit!!!

Viva Argentina!!!!!!!

Jess

too funny. i agree, so does everyone else. he has daughters, he probably thought about how she felt and how her parents felt. and seriously, if even 1 person disagrees with this, you're an idiot. nobody stops to think about what if they were president.. if you were president you wouldn't stop with your own personal opinions. you would not want to be told you can't say something or have an opinion. it was not on the record anyway he can say whatever he wants. just like im sure you did today at work or school.

whocares

To Spree: Fox News had nothing to do with the Presidents comment being released. I voted for Obama, but I won't in the next election. The more I make the more the government takes. I don't believe in socialism, and I think too many in this country thinks 'everybody' owes them. Free medical, free education, free housing, free food... who do you think is paying for this? Taxpayers.

Erin

That is hilarious!

WillOTheWisp

Just goes to show Kanye really does need to take a break and chill out. For the President to see that something's wrong with Kanye... maybe, this is a clue for Kanye to get some well needed rest and go ahead a grieve his mother's death.

Go to Africa Kanye, and come back refreshed!

rhbjorn

It absolutely ok for Obama, but not ok for the journalist. It must be possible to speak off the record with any member of the press. Off the record is off the record.

Fact Checker

I never liked Obama. Still don't.... but I like what he said !!!! About time one racist called out another :)

the truth hurts huh

So where are all you IDIOTS who have been SCREAMING that Obama is racist against whites .... even though he's half white, you dumbarses!! He's a fair, objective person - and calls it like he sees it. Good for him. And he thought this comment was off-air. He didn't announce it at a press conference.

Pimp Daddy

To 29. Even Obama Is Against KANYE!!
Whos Next? God.

Posted at 3:14PM on Sep 15th 2009 by LMFAO

GOD already does not like Kanya

kay

Way to go!! I totally agree with Obama

tracey

That is not the president you idiots. First of all it is totally inappropriate or the president to call his people names like that, second of all he is the president unless your president is a jackass then I believe. So naive people. Get a life!