Obama

Caught on Tape

Calling Kanye 'Jackass'

9/15/2009 5:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Obama Caught on Tape Calling Kanye 'Jackass'TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

After making the remarks, Obama said "Where's the pool?" Presumably, he was worried the joke would go wide. He noted the last time that happened, he got burned for killing a fly.

Obama said, "Cut the President some slack."

Kanye's Big Show

joey

kayne is a jackass. he's typical of someone who has too much money blowing his big mouth off, i would've liked to see someone walk up to him and punch him in the face. i wish i would've had the chance.

Mokkie

BRILLIANT ! I totally agree with President Obama. Kanye West is the BIGGEST (whether any body likes it or not),but that does not remove his right to express his opinion about ANY ONE or ANY SBJECT, which after all, is the entitlement of any human being in a democratic society. As if any body needs reminding......, he is still a human being, just like the rest of us. I would dearly love to be given the job of shutting Kanye West´s big, stinking mouty - PERMANENTLY. No,OBAMA CAN DO NO WRONG - as far as I am concerned.

Jaisson

Best medication for HIGH BLOOD PREASURE is called..GARLIC..yes you'll have the bad breath, but the preasure will go down..GOOGLE it.
way to go Pres. Obama!!

La Toya Jackson

I love Obama ! Every american should be able to see a dr if they need too .. peace

Glenn

I applaud President Obama's remarks. He was asked a question during a conversation with a reporter. As the president of the United States the preponderance of the population is concerned with his opinion. In this case the president was not spewing policy, but evoking a personnel opinion (which I can not agree more with) because he was asked about the topic. It is the news agencies which make a big to-do about it. The bigger question is what to do about the “Super Tool” Kanye West. When the President of the United States thinks you’re a “Jack Ass” it is time to do some soul searching. I wish people would stop buying his albums. The population is what made this bozo into the megalomaniac he is.

lisa

The President should have called him a "JackAss" instead.

bs

I think that if Bush had made the same comment, he'd be called a racist.

PASSION OF THE TAINT

This just proves that Kanye is a Gay-Fish...

Obama's reaction was hilarious! Way too cool!

j r

president obama is just stating the truth. good for him. west's behavior proves he's little more than a thug.

truth be known

President Obama simply said the same thing that the rest of us are. Kanye needs to grow up and quit acting like he's all that because he's not. Kanye was wrong without question. He only apologized because he knows that one day he'll need Taylor since he's no good by his self. To coin a recent quote by a great man....
"jackass"

biggity

What is so telling about this is that guy said "cut the president some slack"....what his problem? Can't he say "cut me some slack" or is he so wildly delusional that he has to refer to himself as a third person. Man, it just keeps getting better. Good thing our teleprompter in cheif wasn't on or else old tele' would have been blamed.

Che'

I thought EVERYONE was entitled to their on opinion. Whether they are President of the USA or Queen of England, these people can speak their opinions regardless if they are good or bad. Opinions people hello!!! For those who think he should be sitting behind the desk with his hand over the doomsday button 24/7, you go do the job and report back to us how long you sat there. So,what he knows what happened at the VMA's. He has children in that age bracket, plus the man can watch TV, duh Jackass! Lol, see how easy it is just to say it with no thought. Now, Kanye is a Jackass, you people who want Obama to sit in a room and be serious all day everyday are Jackasses, heck I might even be a jackass for just replying to this blog in general, who cares. Jackasses!!!

Linda

Finally ... I agree with Obama!!

nemo

It's official, Harvey and his minions are now toe deep up Obama's purple a$$. If this moron focused as much attention on the hole he's putting this country in, as he does trivial bs in the media, he might actually become a halfway decent President. But nope, he's still pounding his Fascist agenda and wants to own the world. What a prick.

Janet

Thank you President Obama for saying what we all wanted to say about Kayne West! I think that you are a good man! It is my opinion that you are just misunderstood by americans, All that I have seen since President Obama has been in office is a man in the White House that is a normal human being just like the rest of us! It is nice to see that a real life person in running this country instead of a programmed idiot! I didn't vote for President Obama but I like what I have seen so far. As long as he is for the people and their needs I will be very Happy with him.

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments