Jessica's Doggy Help -- Calling Off the Search

9/18/2009 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the group of experts aiding Jessica Simpson in the quest for her lost dog is officially calling off their search.

Jessica Simpson and Daisy

Sources close to the situation tell us Simpson and the FindToto.com people have exhausted every possible resource to find Jessica's precious Daisy -- last spotted in the grasp of a wild coyote.

We're told Simpson's camp used tracking dogs, scoured neighborhoods, put up posters, power-dialed neighbors and did everything else they could to find a clue ... but came up short.

Jessica Simpson And DaisyWe're even told a pet psychic offered to help, but we're not sure if Jessica actually accepted the supernatural offer.

Jessica still has hope ... but that hope seems to be fading pretty quickly.

Jack

Dee-Its her dog and her money. You know how many starving kids would be fed if their lazy a-- parents took responsibility?

Me

Although I most definately feel for Jessica, I mean seriously, if a coyote, or other wild animal snatched up my dog or cat, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, I would have followed it, and called for help while I was following the coyote. There is no way I'd let one of my animals die like that without a fight. I wouldnt stand there helplessly watching it happen, and then call for help 3 days later.
I would have done all I could to scare it so it dropped my dog or cat, so I could rescue my dog or cat from it's clutches. So sad, but she should have acted sooner, then she may have had a better chance of saving her dog. Sorry Jessica for your loss. Next time use your noggin, and a leash.

Becky

Jessica,

You and only you could have prevented this from happening in the first place. It's called a DOG LEASH. You and only you are to BLAME for your sweet Daisy.

Joy

I SAY WE BOYCOTT JESSICA SIMPSON AND NOT BUY A SINGLE ALBUM OR...WHAT, WHAT'S THAT? WE NEVER DID ANYWAYS!!! OH NEVER MIND

wtf

I cant believe you people ,,,,,,some acually think a black person or an asian person ,or a jew took the dog ????you've got to be kidding me ,,,a damn coyote took the damn dog right in front of her ,,,,,,,talk about morons!!!!
get a grip pepople ,if you cant say anything nice or posative ,,,dont say anything at all,,,didnt your momma teach you that .....

Michele

Maybe she'll learn her lesson. Don't keep your dog as bait for a coyote. Put up a tall wood fence around your property even if it obstructs your view. I lived in a coyote-infested area and my house was the only one with a fence. Guess what? My animals are all alive. My neighbor's animals are dead. Common sense!

Joy

If Jessica Simpson buys another dog and it gets taken away by another coyote and she puts up another reward, then can we keep calling her a moron? will it confirm it then? to all the doubters!!!

Murray's lips

My family lives in a coyote infested area of Albuquerque (at the base of the Sandia Mountains) and they have said that pets have been snatched and some have shown up a week later...injured...but still alive..and doing well today. It's possible folks.

Ellie

Stupid Simone! Please ready, study and travel, educate yourself!

Em

I actually feel bad for Jessica - bless her heart for trying. Poor thing. Hope and faith are a good things, however, they can be burdensome when not realistic.

homie1kanobe

I missed the story on how this happened, I guess the dog was'nt running aroung in the yard, Did she take it out to a park or something and let it run free with no leesh , i;m lost,Could someone phil me in Thank you

Nance

Jessica, sorry for the lost of your doggie, the best thing to do is have a period of grief....then go to your doggie shelter and adopt a dog...and save that dog from a sure death....there are so many dogs in shelters needing homes! sorry for your loss

mel

Poor Jessica. She has been through so much. First her divorce from Nick, all the fat jokes about her weight and "mom jeans", being dumped by Tony Roma, her concerts where she was forgetting her lines, and now her beloved pet being killed by a coyote. It's just not fair. Things have to get better for her. Maybe Nick will buy her another one in time. I know they departed as friends. It would be a nice thing to do.

Dixie

36. Nick Lachey needs to ante up and get her another dog.

Posted at 9:04AM on Sep 18th 2009 by mommy

Why? They are no longer married and it's not his fault that a coyote snatched her dog. She has money so she can buy herself a new dog, a leash and she can put a fence up around her property so this does not happen again.

Rose

So I guess it's official: the last thing that linked her to Nick Lachey is dead.