Scott Weiland

Has Seizure on Airplane

9/18/2009 7:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Stone Temple Pilots front man Scott Weiland experienced a seizure during an American Airlines flight just hours ago.

e-1
Sources close to Scott tell us he suffered the seizure while flying from Los Angeles to Miami. The plane was forced to make an emergency landing at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.

We're told Scott has a history of seizures -- he was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures. Despite the seizure, we're told Scott plans on attending the launch of his clothing line "Weiland for English Laundry" on Saturday.

mrez golucky

Yikes! Not good!

Buster

"Driving that train, high on cocaine, Casey Jones you better what your speed..."

Simone

mrez golucky, oh, man, are you already in here????!!!! Just kidding!!!!! Hahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahaha.

LeaveBritAlone, I mean it!

Can you hear me now? Cell phones burn brains.

Simone

Scott passed through a frightening situation. I hope he can be better as soon as possible.

mark

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but I heard that he might have been on cocaine when it happened. Whatever happened or caused it, it's a scary situation.

not kooky

balls

rile

has seizures because he's a drug addict. no big surprise. he's been a drug addict forever. during his 1st or 2nd visit to rehab more than 20 yrs ago, he had the nerve to compare himself to keith richards. yes - he said this to me. he's an egomaniac. and i pray for him.

pmc

Don't jump to conclusions about drugs. Seizure disorders come in a variety of forms. And Epilepsy is frightening to people who don't understand it. That's why many celebs who have it hide it. It would cause this kind of speculation, potentially ruining their careers by branding them unmarketable.

Actually, most who have it don't tell anyone but those close to them because of this kind of stigma.

Pat

I think all you posters are the same annoying person, you probablly work at TMZ . Yes I'm talking about you

kcmoon

quite a publicity stunt to promote his clothing line. i wonder if the flight would've been interrupted if he'd been a black woman from Haiti? I doubt it. ANd I seriously he could be the first passenger to have an inflight medical emergency. Don't they usually just treat someone onboard?

Black Power

Whole lotta shakin' goin' on.

blind confusion

Scott has been clean for years. He has had one minor relapse with cocaine a couple years ago after his brother died. I suggest people start getting their facts straight before they start spreading lies.

Black Power

To #11 Pat - So does that mean you work for TMZ also? Which one are you? The skinny girl with the Dutch boy haircut? The fat black chick? Which one? Yeah, Pat, I'm talkin' about you!

dallas boy

I had heard STROKE....oh, oh....not good.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments