Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

9/19/2009 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed John Travolta will testify next week at the extortion trial involving the death of his son, Jett.

Travolta will travel to the Bahamas to testify on behalf of the prosecution. Paramedic Tarino Lightbourne and former politician Pleasant Bridgewater allegedly demanded $25 million in return for not going public with a document which authorized paramedics to take 16-year-old Jett to a hospital via ambulance after suffering a massive seizure.

We're told Travolta and wife Kelly Preston are outraged by the alleged extortion plot which authorities say was concocted shortly after Jett's death.

Simone

Second?????

Simone

Krazy Kooky, you are slower than me!!!!!! Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha. Eat your words!!!!!!!! :P

Right Wing Nut Job

I wonder it the Bahamas have wonderfull Gov run health care?

mrez golucky

Yikes!

Simone

This boy looked alike his father. It was a very sad death. For his parents it should had been the worst situation in their lives. And, after all of the suffering, two crooks appeared trying to blackmail them is too much.

k

Oh wow, John has been through so much already. I wish I could be there to give him support. I am trying but it is only through spiritual means. If I could be there for him, I would help him through this. I need to help him, it would help me to help him because I feel the pain and emotional turmoil he is in and I know I could help .. God Bless You John and Family ... Be Well

Raejean

There's always some vulture(s) hanging around, isn't there?

Mickey von Dutch

A parent that has lost a child should be allowed to grieve privately. Instead this man has been harassed from day one. The whole circus surrounding Jett's death makes me ashamed to be human.

Linda Mott

What a dirt bag to try to extort money from this family that is mourning their son.

Sue

Is nothing scared anymore? I hope they fry their asses. Lock em up! It's not enough that the poor family had to deal with their son's death, then extortion? Geeze, people are so damn greedy.
RIP Jett

Jen

That picture still breaks my heart :(

Kimberly

God Bless John Travolta family's may he keep his ever loving arms wrapped around you.
RIP Jett

pam

Go get them Travolta!

Miranda

I don't mean to sound insensitive, however, the fact of the matter is, that as sad as this tragic death is..what is EVEN SADDER is the fact that IF Travolta and his wife, were not into the cult "religion" of SCIENTOLOGY (where they believe in aliens among other incredible nonsense that simply would blow your minds) then they woudl have had their son Jett on ANTI-SEIZURE medication (as he shoudl have been all along) and he then would NOT have died. That is a fact. They have attempted to say his body didn't agree with the meds however all the doctors have said there are HUNDREDS of them to try and choose from. tHE tRAVOLTAS DO not believe in medication - period. pERHAPS THEY WILL WAKE UP AND GET OUT OF THAT crazy cult so that if their daughter ever needs medical attention she will at least get it. The Travolta's didn't even have a nurse or doctor watching their son who woudl seizures weekly..They had two FRIENDS of theirs (PAID friends I might add) to tend to Jett's needs. Now for a guy with MILLIONS in the bank don't you find that adsurd??? This boy had AUTISM, which he denied to the world (because Scientology doesn't "accept" such diagnosis) yet in the court papers he admits his son had autism. Sad - yes but the fcat still remains, Jett Travolta woudl be alive today had it not been for his brainwashed parents, John & Kelly.

Butterfly

Can anyone ever forget this beautiful child and his incredible smile? No, never!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments