Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

9/19/2009 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed John Travolta will testify next week at the extortion trial involving the death of his son, Jett.

Travolta will travel to the Bahamas to testify on behalf of the prosecution. Paramedic Tarino Lightbourne and former politician Pleasant Bridgewater allegedly demanded $25 million in return for not going public with a document which authorized paramedics to take 16-year-old Jett to a hospital via ambulance after suffering a massive seizure.

We're told Travolta and wife Kelly Preston are outraged by the alleged extortion plot which authorities say was concocted shortly after Jett's death.

Bobo Frog

Miranda, if that's true, then that's F'ed up. Do you have any sources? This could be a TMZ scoop.

olddrunk

Miranda doesn't need any sources. It's a known fact that the Travoltas are Scientologists. If they had actually sought treatment for their son to begin with he may not be dead. Suck me if you don't like this post.

Bobo Frog

Not sources that they are Scientologists. Sources that they weren't giving him anti-seizure meds.

bambam

There is no Extortion, just any other ambulance going to the hospital... reporters are going to report,, the ambulance drivers have the 411,, John Travolta corner the driver asked him how much $$$$$$$$ to keep quite... then John Travolta didnt want to pay up..
John Travolta is goiing to lose this case..

Vmax

Anyone that would try to extort, let alone from the pain of parents losing a child should get an extreme prison sentence. They should get chain gang and hard labor so they can exploit big rocks to make little rocks.

Ben

18. I don't mean to sound insensitive, however, the fact of the matter is, that as sad as this tragic death is..what is EVEN SADDER is the fact that IF Travolta and his wife, were not into the cult "religion" of SCIENTOLOGY (where they believe in aliens among other incredible nonsense that simply would blow your minds) then they woudl have had their son Jett on ANTI-SEIZURE medication (as he shoudl have been all along) and he then would NOT have died. That is a fact. They have attempted to say his body didn't agree with the meds however all the doctors have said there are HUNDREDS of them to try and choose from. tHE tRAVOLTAS DO not believe in medication - period. pERHAPS THEY WILL WAKE UP AND GET OUT OF THAT crazy cult so that if their daughter ever needs medical attention she will at least get it. The Travolta's didn't even have a nurse or doctor watching their son who woudl seizures weekly..They had two FRIENDS of theirs (PAID friends I might add) to tend to Jett's needs. Now for a guy with MILLIONS in the bank don't you find that adsurd??? This boy had AUTISM, which he denied to the world (because Scientology doesn't "accept" such diagnosis) yet in the court papers he admits his son had autism. Sad - yes but the fcat still remains, Jett Travolta woudl be alive today had it not been for his brainwashed parents, John & Kelly.

Posted at 10:33AM on Sep 19th 2009 by Miranda

Every single time you post, it's something you know NOTHING about, and you tend to ramble; can't spell, and forming a sentence seems a toughie for you, too. What this family chose to do or not to do is NONE of your business, and I'm sure you don't have the inside scoop on a thing. You weren't there...you don't know this family...and you CERTAINLY sound like you might be a tad insane, so STFU! and let this family grieve without all your boring and mundane nonsense.

meggy

there are no specific sources he didnt have medication, but scienetologists do no believe in medication like that (remember the tom cruise/brooke shield incident?) so it was likely that jett was not on anything for the seizures.

Lina

I think Don needs to STFU, Miranda makes total sense!

Ben

34. I think Don needs to STFU, Miranda makes total sense!

Posted at 3:07PM on Sep 19th 2009 by Alicia

Oh, Alicia, get over yourself already! And stop changing usernames so much; it's quite annoying. You're either...Miranda...or her lover, so get some new material and I'll continue using mine...and to you...STFU! Annoying beyatch!

Miranda

Dear Don,

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaa. Thanks for the laugh. FYI: Yes darling, I know plenty. None of your business how but much more then you know about the Travota's...PS...Don't worry about my lazy, bad, un spell checked writing...I make $245,000 a year as an attorney. WHAT do YOu do for a living?? Work at Burger King?? Ahhhh..let me go back into the hot tub while YOU try and figure out HOW on earth you will make your mortgage payment this month............hehehehe..

Miranda

Thank you Alicia! As for Don.....LOSER.

As for the "source" as to how it is a known factthat Jett was NOT on medication at the time of his death...the "SOURCE"...is from John Travolta HIMSELF..He said "oh, we tried it...didn't like it". What Travolta meant was "we tried it for 10 minutes MAYYBE..but Scientology has made my wife Kelly and I nuts, so we stopped all meds and our poor son tragically died"

Ps..Don............what's it like to be such a pathertic DUFUF that most people must LOATHE???????????????????????

Ben

35. Dear Don,

Posted at 3:36PM on Sep 19th 2009 by Miranda

lol, the split-personalities are both out and doing well today, I see! And a 'lawyer' usually can um....spell and form sentences, so I'm guessing your webtv keys are all screwed-up from so much use...you're tapped into your neighbors' internet (at the trailer park), and your government check is late so you and aka/Alicia/Sybil are all a bit pizzed off today. Oh, and you're welcome, by the way, for my full-time job keeping you and your litter of inbreds. It's always the ones like you and your little 'friends in your head' who come on her claiming to know ALL...and be lawyers, doctors, blah, blah, blah...yeah, keep telling yourself that. It's super easy to hit that nerve in those of you who are unstable; ever notice that?

Miranda

Don, Don, Dear Insane Don,

Trailer park you say??? Oy...They don't have many Jewish Proncesses in trailer parks but thank you for cracking me up! I actually (unlike you I'm sure) have a paid OFF HOME, CASH IN THE BANK, two paid for cars (with no payments) and a nice, happy life due to the fact that at 43 I was smart enough to never have children but a husband and 3 dogs instead. You my darling are probably on your final unemployment check and sitting in your trailer right now. You don't fool anyone...It is not my intent to spell chack and make my comments perfect on TMZ...not important..What IS important is that I am fabulous, blond and a success and you...................ARE obviously not..Now go be a good boy and take your meds....and go back to your Budwesier..Jerry Springer will be on soon. You don't want to miss it. Your mama be on it. heheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ben

38. Don, Don, Dear Insane Don,

trailer

Posted at 4:00PM on Sep 19th 2009 by Miranda

Oh yes, that's right...you're a 'lawyer'...and you behave as someone whom the warden is giving you a bit of 'computer time' today since you've been such a 'good girl' picking up trash around the prison yard. It's the braggarts and delusional who sit back and 'lie' about their careers...incomes...'wonderful lives and families'...that are the sad and meek who wear adult diapers. You're a very bitter and disgusting excuse for a human being, so take your lies and make-believe life and shove it into the 3rd fold of your bowel. No one on here believe a word of what you type, so try and slip back into reality...why not do something constructive, like say...rotate the tires that are holding your roof on. That'd be a great way to get some of your frustrations out, don't you think? NUTJOB!

Miranda

Don, Don..now try and calm your crazy self down..I OBVIOUSLY have hit a NERVE about your life..it's sad and pathetic. People are telling YOU to STFU...not me honey....Go back and REVIEW...I am not going to respond to you anymore because truthfully at this point I just feel way too sorry for you. I am a nice person but since you really d sound unstable and loney I don't want to send you even further towrads a nervous breakdown. Because you sound like the type that could just go POP! and SNAP at any moment...Have a good life...............and get a job. It will help keep you busy/...Best Wishes,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments