David Hasselhoff's Daughter Says Dad was Drunk

9/21/2009 9:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David HasselhoffTMZ has learned David Hasselhoff was taken to the hospital Sunday night after his daughter sounded an alarm that he had been drinking to excess.

We've learned 17-year-old Hayley Hasselhoff -- who was at home with David -- called her mother Pamela, claiming David was extremely drunk. One of Pamela's friends called 911, paramedics arrived at the family's home in Encino and took him to the hospital.

We're told the hospital was supposed to release David Sunday night.

No comment yet from Hasselhoff's reps.

stopcallinghimjakco

why are you bringing mj into this. mj was never under the influence.

and yes he needs to go to rehab. i think he gets drunk on americas got talent to

Poo Brains

Gram - it's not Hollywood, it's alcoholism. Many people have it, but they choose not to acknowledge it and confront it headon. He is like Lindsay Lohan. They think they have it under control. How many times have each of them been out of control drunk, in a hospital, wrapped around a tree, fired from a job or in rehab? Sheesh, you would think they would learn by now. They can't handle alcohol. It's just that simple.

opi

heehee

I KNOW HIS DAUGHTER. Her name is Hayley Amber on Facebook. You can find her by looking up Amanda Marmer, and looking through Amanda's facebook friends. Also on Haley Dare Davis's (Los Angeles, CA network) friends list!!!

Poo Brains

Amanda - leave his kids alone! it's not their fault their dad is a drunk.

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Wacko never under the influence? HAHAHAHAHAHA. Since you are uninformed, try reading: http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/under-the-influence.htm

kitty

that is a such a shame. he must be miserable. get some help knight rider!! ok?

jjgg5

Why doesn't this old drunk get treatment? His daughters should attend ALANON.

Sad sad

Was he eating a hamburger?

dee

His daughters sure drew the short straw when they were handing out parents. And to think David was the one who got custody. A 17 year old should not have this kind of responsibility for her father.

sherril

I think at your age you should get your life together no wonder why your wife left u.

Elissa

Alcoholism sucks.

Elissa

#37 stated: I agree. These addicts are so self centered and selfish, their poor kids seeing all this, like Jacko's did. What a jerk that he doesn't get it together for THEIR sake.
Posted at 1:37AM on Sep 21st 2009 by Sally

---------

You obviously do not understand the disease of alcoholism. Until the addict/alcoholic hits a personal bottom -- and it's different for everyone -- intervention/rehab will not help. The desire to recover must be one of total desperation and willingness to do anything to get better. Outside influences, whether they be children, financial, moral or otherwise factor in very little. It is sad but true. The statistics should make that obvious.

And I would like to state for the ignorant: Alcoholism is NOT a moral issue.

Flannigan

Was he drunk because he drunk? To that, I'll drink until I've drunk myself drunk.

Sink, sank, sunk, stink, stank, stunk, drink, drank, drunk, think, thank, thunk?

I'm thinking I am drinking, but I was drunk - or so I thunk!

I think it is fun to be drinking for one. Be more fun, it is true, to be drinking for two!

opi

Why does he still have his kids? Because of his money and power. Even after the video of him drunk and crawling on the floor, trying to eat a hamburger, HE still got custody.