The Hoff: No Beer, Just My Ear

9/21/2009 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

david hasselhoffDavid Hasselhoff says he wasn't drunk yesterday -- he wasn't even drinking and yesterday's drama was all a misunderstanding over an ear problem.

As we first reported, paramedics went to Hasselhoff's home yesterday and took him to the hospital -- this, after his daughter Hayley called her mom and sounded an alarm. Pamela says she was told David had been drinking and one of her friends then called 911.

Hasselhoff's people tell us he was being treated by his family doctor for an ear infection and was taking Antivert. Hasselhoff was also taking Antabuse, which prevents alcoholics from drinking. The Hoff's camp says the combination of drugs messed up his equilibrium, he was feeling sick and wasn't able to reach his family doctor.

Team Hasselhoff says when paramedics arrived David decided to go to the hospital -- not because he was drinking but to help with the equilibrium problem.

Hasselhoff's people say he was released an hour after being treated at the hospital.

david hasselhoff

High Dog

The Hoff will always be a legend. Wait till his GPS navtones voice comes out. I'm going to get it for sure. A drunk Hoff giving me directions. lol

Etienne

Bull
Sh*t

PeoplePlanter

If you're dumb enough to believe this, you deserve to be lied to.

Etienne

I remember when he was butt-wasted and tried to say he cut himself on a light fixture in his bathroom. Riiiight. He won't even help himself so why should anyone else? Someone needs to commit him or let him die because that's what's going to happen if he doesn't stop. Either that or he'll buy a new liver, taking it out of the hands of someone who deserves it, and think now that he nas a new liver he can keep drinking. Loser.

I said it

I guess his daughter is a liar. Will she loses her inheritence because her DADDY WAS DRUNK?

Devildowninga

That would piss me off if my friggin' ex-wife called 911 on me because she said I was drunk when I had not been drinking. Not to say he wasn't drinking, I'm just saying. Mind your own business, wether he was or not! That guy can wind up getting swine flu or MS and this bitch is gonna call the law to say he's drunk.....

mrez golucky

Yikes! So much denial!

Den

I think he is full of it. I wonder how much he had to pay the doctor to say he wasn't drinking.

dragonlvr

I heard that when taking Antibuse - if you drink - you get nauseas and dizzy. Whatever David ... it's your life.

Buddy

He had an equilibrium problem?

So he was Hoff balance?

yeah....and?

Man, I hate when that happens!!!!!

UUUUMMMMM, is that what you kids are calling it these days? In my day it was 'you are a drunk' I guess today we can put all kinds of spins on things!

Talk about the ulitmate in deninal. Stop being a loser and put down the bottle. Of all things to be addicted to, being a drunk is the last thing I would do in excess.

The constant feeling of a hangover? No way. My gosh do they even get a chance to feel hungover?

Etienne

Antabuse makes it so you get violently sick to your stomach. It feels like the world's worst stomach flu. I've never taken that but I have taken Antivert and it doesn't make you dizzy at all - it stops the dizziness and the vertigo. Combining the two drugs wouldn't make him dizzy, either.

I am so sick of these as*hole celebs who have everything yet they insist on throwing it all away by abusing drugs and/or alcohol. Hasseldork and Blohan deserve each other. They should hook up and disappear from the face of the earth.

Hates Conan like crap

Yeah, sure, Hoff, we believe you.

How 'bout you and me go out for a few drinks tonight, Hoff?

I'll buy.

cgmpowers

Lord knows I'm not one to come to the defense of Hasselhoff but he is absolutely correct that side effects like this can occur. My wife is a nurse and many times people get treated for something like an ear infection and don't tell the doctors what other medications they maybe on from another doctor.. They think, well its unrelated so why divulge.

I've myself had this problem. I took over the counter sinus medication (with sudefed) and it make me feel stoned.. I wasn't able to function, it really messed me up that day... People thought I was stoned (or drunk) so its entirely possible that he is correct...sadly, but its probably the case that this drug interacted improperly with the medicine he was on from the other doctor.

It can even be worse, some drug interactions can kill you or leave you permanently messed up.

Janny