MJ -- If Not for Kids He Would 'Choose Death'

9/26/2009 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a close friend of Michael Jackson, is releasing tapes of interviews he did with Jackson that show how Jackson was afraid of growing old ... and Madonna.

Play video

In the tapes, which aired on "Dateline" last night, Jackson said children were very important to him: "If it weren't for children, I would choose death."

As for his infamous date with Madonna, he remembers that she didn't want to go to Disneyland and he didn't want to go to a strip club. Both are sometimes considered the happiest place on Earth.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

A.B.

muscles - if you're still around -

seems Boteach by his own account did not talk to Michael J at all during the two years between 2001, when they split ways, and 2003, when Bashir aired his infamous program. That takes away from his credibility. During those two years they could well have published the book, but they didn't, which indicates MJ no longer wanted it out. They didn't even talk, much less cooperate on a book.

muscles

Well it looks like all those multiple posts that wouldn't go through an hour ago, just magically appeared - YIKES! ;-)

muscles

A.B.

Hi, muscles!

"I have also noticed that some of the actual audio clips seem like very poor quality, so I am not sure that MJ ALWAYS knew his conversations were being taped." Yes, I think some of them are from phone conversations - they sound like it.

SB gives me bad vibes, too. I admit the tapes can be useful to get insight into MJ's life, but they should be listened to by serious journalists and scientists in their entirety, not having gone through SB's muddled mind, not as parts and bits elected by him.

From what he has said, one can see that he has no idea what it is like to be a creative artist. His goal seems to have been to persuade MJ to have early nights and then go out lecturing to make money for SB.

I'll try your link. Thanks!

NancyE

it's really sad knowing what MJ revealed in Rabbi's book, however, as i reading it, i get to know and have glimpse of what his life had been and intimate feeling of him. MJ had never been territorial when it came to children, he loved all children not just his. This is how he felt his marriage with Lisa Marie broke off. God bless you Michael, You show us the true meaning of universal LOVE

ewwwwwwwwwww

I miss him. When the fans screamed, "I love you Michael"...he would always say, "I love you MORE". Why did he have the "milk" in his procession? He knew the consequences, he knew that it could kill him-but he took it-time and time again. Now he left us broken and broken hearted. Now we have to find some way to get over him-personally, I don't think I will ever get over him. We, the fans, really meant, 'I LOVE YOU MICHAEL". I wonder if he meant, when he said, "I love you more"??? If he loved us more-how could he break our hearts like he did. He knew the "milk" could kill him...and yet he took it anyway.

ewwwwwwwwwww

con't from first post: It's only giving in hospitals. If I had one question to ask my brother...I would ask him, "why?".

Pink Daisy

A Rabbi gives his thoughts on Shmuley. Right on!

Pink Daisy

A Rabbi gives his thoughts on Shmuley. Right on!

Pink Daisy

Posted at 1:48PM on Sep 26th 2009 by Rather be an Athiest

Look at Christ. Look at how He was on Earth. People aren't w/out sin and they need a divine Savior.

People aren't perfect. Don't let that be a reason to be a atheist.

Pink Daisy

In response to the question about why doesn't Diane Dimond report on the charges filed by Jordy Chandler against his father-- That would most likely lead her down a path that would expose the truth and her role as a "reporter" in both cases. MJ was tried and convicted in the media. His reputation was slandered. The public was definitely influenced by the media. The media was biased. Also, MJ has given her work, whereas, if she reports the truth about the Chandlers that kills her claims about MJ. Some think she's obsessed with the guy.

Pink Daisy

Vera

I think Michael Jackson had depression e If I had know him, I'd help him because he was needing. I know that the devil wants destroy all the good people and he was a excellent people.
Michel I love you so much not by for the idol but for the human being that you were...

HumanNature

Good Evening Mj's PYT!!!

Nice to see you on board tonight!!!

LucyInTheSky

Kaz I did not post 1373.

And I have never posted on this board or ANY other that I am bloated. That's entirely my business only.

Later sweetheart, and don't waste your time taking on my "fight" it's not my fight, it's theirs. Let them have at it, freeforall it to death for all I care.

Peace