The Quaids --

Their $10,000 Excuse

9/30/2009 8:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy and Evi Quaid's lawyer just told the Santa Barbara County D.A. they will be front and center in court on October 19 for their arraignment on three felony counts. Their defense ... it was all just a giant misunderstanding.

the Quiads
The D.A.'s office tells us the Quaids' lawyer said the couple -- who have been accused of skipping out on a $10,000 bill at the San Ysidro Ranch -- didn't think they had to pay the bill before they left ... they thought they could pay at a later date.

The lawyer tells us the bill got lost in the mail because they moved -- and the couple has now paid the bill in full.

The D.A. is not ready to drop the charges and will be all ears on Oct 19.

Stay tuned.

Fred Farkel

"NUTHIN BUT THE BEST ! ! !"

Zippy T. Pinhead

I tried that excuse on a Loan Shark and he bought it! Not really, he beat me within inches of my life, nursed me back to health, all the while making me watch reruns of Roseanne. It was the most horrible experience of my life.

Chris

Yep. Companies want to loan you 10k interest free for you to "pay later". Sign me up for that deal!

Losers. No wonder the D.A. is pressing the issue. Do you honestly think the court systems are stupid?

danger baby

I would say what I think but old gold-toofed Evi might, like, paint a sign with my name on it. Yikes!

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

Right, we all pay our hotel bills sometime AFTER we leave!!! These two are certifiable morons. And trailer trash.

homie1kanobe

Hello Quaids, At first I thought you were good honest hard working Texan's. And I stood up for you. But you had me fooled, Now I see ya for who ya are. Just more of the rich actors/entertainers black/white low lifes, who feel they are are better than the rest, that screw people over for money owed to them, for services rendered. Hope they keep ya in Califirnia, True Texans don't need people like you calling themselves Texans...

God Bless General Sam Houston

DOODAD

With the $$$ this whole mess is going to end up costing them, they could have bought a decent house in Texas, instead of living in a industrially zoned warehouse.

La Toya Jackson

I'm not buying any of it ... they planned it all out ... they get a kick out of ripping off fancy schamancy hotels because they get away with it .. its a weird game that up until now they have gotten away with..

La Toya Jackson

Back to something really important like michael jackson

SERIOUSLY!!!

yeah ... and the checks in the mail ... LMAO over and over on this one!

whocares

She looks like a follower of the cult Heaven's Gate...

Becky

Wow that is a good one Evi. What about the other hotels you owe, what about the money you owe me, you owe Anke and you owe Lois. The DA will have more charges by the 19th.

P.I. Becky

goodytwohundredshoes

Each and every time my husband and I travel, we go to the pool and order drinks then we proceed to the spa for massages. We try to take in every opportunity a resort has to offer. Afterwards we go home and wait for our bill. NOT! We have to leave our credit card info at the frond desk upon check in for a reason. My neice and her husband are billionaires and still have to produce credit card information when they check in anywhere in the world they travel. These guys have to be on drugs and/or mentally ill.

snickers

S**tter was full. Again.

Where's Swims

I lived in SB for a few years. The DA is out of control. This could be handled as a civil matter. But if you are not from Santa Barbara, hold on tight.

They call anyone not a native ... from Smell A. They are mean people even though most of them are higher than kites with no jobs.

Boycott SB!