Ryan Jenkins' Dad Hires Private Investigator

10/1/2009 9:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan JenkinsRyan Jenkins' dad refuses to believe his son murdered model Jasmine Fiore -- and is taking steps to try and clear Ryan's name.

Dan Jenkins has hired a private investigator in California, telling the Calgary Herald, "We just want the truth to be told ... It is just unfathomable to us that he could be responsible for anything that has been reported."

Meanwhile, the Buena Park Police Department obtained Ryan's hard drive this week -- the one found with his body after he hanged himself in Canada -- and are analyzing it to see if it holds any clues about Jasmine's murder.

The BPPD says Ryan is the only suspect in the case.

Boooooooooooooooooooorin

Waste of money and time

FreakHater

I feel for the dad, any parent wants to believe their kid is all but bad. I learned that lesson when my daughter was 13, I allways had my daughters back until she made a fool of me, I questioned anything she did or said after that. I know he wants to find out his son is innocent, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Denial is a terrible thing!!

I am

Dan, Dan, Dan...I could think of a multitude of uses for the money you're wasting attempting to disprove your sons guilt. Unless your private eye intends to reveal the current temperature at which Jenkin's soul is burning in hell...what could he possiby have to offer?

An aware mom

I am speaking for myself, and the consensus has been the same with any other Calgarian that I have talked to about this case. Only Jenkins family and friends believe he is innocent of these charges. We know he was convicted and punished (by Canadian standards... our penalties, and prison sentences are a big joke)for beating the tar out of his ex girlfriend. It is public record her at the courthouse in Calgary. Why would he not be capable of this?... He was... he was a woman beater.

I think his sister should be charged with accessory to murder. She picked him up, she drove him to a motel in the interior of British Columbia (away from the big cities), she parked in the shadows so he couldn't be seen, and then left him there to die. I hope she knows that she helped kill her own brother. Maybe she does, and that's why she went on American television to bash the woman her brother brutally murdered.

WTH? If Jenkins was innocent of these charges, he would not of holed up in a motel room to hang himself off of a coat rack. His lack of cooperation with the police, and his bid to flee back to Canada knowing that Canada won't extradite back to the States where there is a death penalty shows his guilt. The video evidence from the hotel was the beginning of the hard evidence they needed to convict him. He was a spineless worm who probably saved both countries a lot of taxpayers money being spent on him, but he is guilty as charged!

Tila Is Trash

That's right, Papa Jenkins. Stick your head in the sand like an ostrich and pretend the world is flat, too, while you're at it. Your denial shows you for the fool that you are.

GET A REAL JOB KATE!

I think Ryan's father is doing the right thing. With all the many men in Jasmine's life, anyone could have done this. I think Ryan is innocent. There are too many men involved in this case. Someone needs to investigate it. It does not look like the police are helping!

$$$

why does every news media say and write this wrong?

"the one found with his body after he hanged himself in Canada"

it is NOT HANGED...but HUNG

BostonGirl

Sorry "Me," but you're wrong. The proper use is hanged over hung. Remember this line, "Pictures can be hung, but people are always hanged."

Hanged, as a past tense and a past participle of hang, is used in the sense of "to put to death by hanging," as in Frontier courts hanged many a prisoner after a summary trial. A majority of the Usage Panel objects to hung used in this sense. In all other senses of the word, hung is the preferred form as past tense and past participle, as in I hung my child's picture above my desk.

La Toya Jackson

Someone helped Ryan escape then hide.. Take another look at his father.. *I'm just say'en

laura

i understand his father not wanting to believe his son is a murderer, but he is. what innocent man would have left the country and then committ suicide? an innocent man would want to stay in the country and live so he could clear his name. YOUR SON IS A MURDERER AND A LOW LIFE AND DESERVED WHAT HE GAVE HIMSELF.

gayle

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude Pullllllllleeeeeeeeeease!!! Your son is the only one that could have killed her!! Face the facts here, OK???? You are wasting your time!! Your son was a psycho crazed killer!!!

fame ho

Ryan is still a loser, idiot, piece of crap, woman beater, abuser etc....and his DADDY can hire all the detectives he wants and his son, Ryan will always remain the loser that he was in life.

Sand D

Looks more like a Vegas hit to me and they both got their due ending. Instead of looking toward who killed her they should be looking at who killed him. It isn't that hard to follow a guy who runs the same direction everytime he is in trouble......just sayn

mia

Why do I have a feeling that Jenkins' father is a control freak?

Hey "me", it's HANGED. You write HANGED when a person has died by hanging. Look it up.

sickofitall

To #15: it IS "hanged," not "hung." Pictures are hung, people are hanged. That's correct English.

So why'd he hang himself if he wasn't guilty? Obviously he did it and didn't want to face the consequences. His dad is trying to clear his OWN name; when you have a murderer for a kid, what kind of parent were you?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments