« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

All-American Superheroes Lose Olympic Bid

10/2/2009 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You know you're screwed when the supreme intergalactic powers of President Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey combined aren't enough for a successful bid to host the 2016 Olympics in Chicago.

Chicago was just eliminated from consideration for the 2016 Olympics -- in fact, it was eliminated in the first round of voting.

The winning city was Rio de Janeiro -- which, if you think about it, is awweeeesome!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

luci

HA HA why take Oprah she is not like Michaek jackson. I wanted chicago to win ,if then Rio. noooooooooooooooo Oprah spoiled it!1

Xtian

chicago, one of the great armpits of the world! of course they lost!

BNHonest

You RACIST PIGS! You still cant get over a brother leading this country. GET OVER IT ALL READY. He's here at least for the next 3 years. I know that TMZ gives you a great platform to vent your racist remarks and hateful comments. Trash talkers commenting in a trashy publication. And yes, Im reading TMZ I like to read trash too.

mia

I live in Chicago and I'm sad we didn't get the games, but I'm glad Rio got them. This was Rio's third attempt and the games have never been in South America. I feel like Rio was a good choice.

Chicago's elimination has NOTHING to do with corruption, crime, celebrities, or any other excuse the reich-wing idiots are spewing.

I hope Chicago tries again.

mia

xtian, Chicago is the cleanest and most beautiful of the major U.S. cities. But you wouldn't know because you've never left your parents' basement.

mia

JellyBean, you too have never escaped your parents' basement. You've never been to Chicago, have you. Chicago is a fabulous city. But please do stay home, we don't like trash here.

A. Minnitman

@ Lisa Sims, get your head out of your unwashed azz. Why must it be that anyone who doesn't totally prostrate themself for Barry be a racist? You liberal fanatics would be scary if you weren't some dumb and narrowminded. Did you ever consider that the "Windy City" may really just BLOW? Just ask Barry's pal Larry Sinclair.

tenisha

It is a shame when I have to say "GOOD, THAT SHOWS OBAMAMAMA! " OH WELL.

Fan Since 2007!!!

People will see racism everywhere but in a mirror

mia

Johnson Wadsworth, have you ever even been to Chicago, or do you just like to spew crap about things about which you know absolutely nothing?

Also, your whine about "liberal fanatics" is typically reich-wing. You ASSume that anyone who is liberal supports Obama. I'm liberal and I didn't vote for him. But I do appreciate his and his wife's Olympics lobbying attempts, because I did want the Olympics to be here in 2016.

Xtian

tamara, you probly like detroit too!...lol. I live in Los Angeles! we have hosted them!!!
now run and tell that..lol

BNHonest

Johnson Wadsworth you should wash your unwashed azz and EARS! I didnt mention anything about CHICAGO. My beef was about the YES I SAID IT-RACIST PIGS who commented about OBAMA ONLY not even mentioning Chicago as well. It was obvious to anyone who had a brain that this was just a platform for their hatred. BUT, If you want to know I could care less where the Olympic are held. If I had a choice between Chicago and RIO its a NO Braniner...JUST LIKE YOU!

johnnie

WORKS FOR ME. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT OBAMA'S JOB ACTUALLY IS, I THOUGHT IT WAS RUNNING THE COUNTRY NOT RUNNING AFTER THE OLYMPICS. I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM.

lynda

maybe its because of oprah and the obamas chicago didnt get it

yeah....and?

If Obama had not gone and Oprah had not tried to help out, as soon as it was decided they both would have been ripped on for not doing enough. Period. It would have been their fault in the eyes of many of you.

People who have issues with Obama look for ANYTHING that they feel will make him look bad. Then they pounce on it. Get a life already.

I live in Chicago too. Arm pit? If you have been here you wouldn't say that. Are you kidding me, as far I'm concered we have it made here. Don't be jealous. This is truly one of the great cities in this country.

Oh, and look up Rio, stop acting like the minute the tourists get off the plane they won't be mugged. THAT is the arm pit. Poor, crime ridden, just as corrupt, cops helping to mug you, and the people are not very nice to look at. For christ sake they ride on top of their buses and trains for entertainment. So, good luck with that.