GLAAD: Mickey Rourke Is 'Painfully Ignorant'

10/9/2009 4:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mickey RourkeThe president of The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) just personally issued the following statement, condemning Mickey Rourke for defending the use of the homophobic f-word:

"This is a slur that, regardless of what Mickey Rourke has convinced himself that it means, is often the last word that gay people, and gay youth in particular, hear before they're bullied, harassed or assaulted.

Rourke is showing himself to be painfully ignorant of how this vulgar, abusive slur feeds a climate of anti-gay hatred, intolerance and violence.

Rourke either needs to figure this out, or media needs to stop giving him a platform for promoting these kinds of slurs.
"

-Jarrett Barrios -

TheMan

Just as stupid as the new commercial for gays. The one that chastises people for saying that something is gay, "just stop it"...

If something is gay it's gay! I'm gonna say whatever I want.
I'm so tired of people telling us what to say, or do.

pestz4evah

google search "louis ck fa**ot" (but type in the actual words). Louie explains it perfectly.

Teri

Oh Geeze. Get over it. Its not like Im going to run to the KKK everytime someone calls me a cracker or a honkey. People need to get the sand out of their vaginas and stop getting so asshurt over stupid words.

D-Ray Vision

Hetero sexually challenged people are the most BORING people.... Their lifestyle is so generic and cliche..... Ya big pile of sticks....

puffinstuff

Rourke always tries to be the controversial one. It's kinda bothersome that kids use the word 'gay' and 'retarded' like no big deal.
We were always told as kids that those words "weren't nice".

God-Of-Lyf

Didn't we destroy whole cities of these people back in the day? Maybe it's time to go back to the bible days

I'm just saying...

why?

Just because his face loof like a giant arse doesn't mean he has to act like one.

nightcrawler

Hurray for Freedom of Speech!

Linda

ohhhhhhh GLADD, you're starting to bore us all to death! GET OVER IT AND STOP BITCHING AND GRIPING! It's just getting ridiculous and terribly annoying these days. Women have put up with sexism for centuries, lower pay for equal work, more unpaid work in the home, they are socialized to fight with other women, for example, trying to steal each other husbands, etc. etc. If we can't seem to achieve gender equality, then why do homosexuals think they should be placed on the top of the "marginalization hierarchy". Get over it, and do like many women have had to do (such as Hilary Clinton) and work hard for your respect. You don't get respect whining like big arse babies! Same applies to non-white races. I have African-American friends who work darn hard, and command much respect in their communities by not being whiny every time they get called a name by some loser actor!

Linda

Yeah, and so far Obama and his wife are not a whiny-arse babies. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE RESPECTED BY SO MANY AMERICANS. Everybody hates the whiny kid in class, so GLADD needs to take a lesson from minorities (including gays) who have succeeded and are well-respected.

A. Minnitman

"Homophobic" The politically correct folk have concocted a faux disease for us. Prior to the 1970's homosexuality was considered a disease by ALL of the leading psychiatric professionals and medical schools! Yes homosexuality was the disease and classified as a MENTAL ILLNESS! Now apparently if you have any kind of personal feeling that does not encompass, support and nurture the WHOLE gay lifesyle with it's myriad of permutations, well I hate to say it,... You are now the "diseased"!! That was a pretty slick trick and they did all right in front of our eyes!

The mainstream has tried to teach me that there is no such thing as heterophobes, black racists or anti-gentiles, ad infinitum.

Thanks liberal 'politically correct" mainstream media, thanks for ALL YOU'VE done.

I return the favor by avoiding you, your sponsors and pet cause of the moment. I avoid you whenever possible and will only access you when I need to USE YOU to get my point out and across.

ellie

Love Mickey!

A. Minnitman

M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y

HE'S THE BEST. HANG IN THERE PAL.

Jenn

Micky is just an OLD , plastic man, who is trying to regain his 'coolness" and thinks when he says these things he's being funny and "hip".

This isn;t the first time he's opend his mouth and stupidity has come pouring out.
He's said things about asians, blacks and Jewish people, and he only does so infront of cameras.
He's still trying to reclaim his bad boy image of "i don't care what people say or think , because Im micky "

Dude, you have been a nobody for a long time , and just because last year you did a movie that people saw, doesn't mean that you'll still have the same hype this year.
His status is quieting down again , so by opening his mouth as saying dumbass things, he im sure that will keep people interested in him a bit longer.

Balls

I wish the media would quit giving GLAAD a platform for promoting their CRAP!! This is a grown man who has the right to say and feel whatever he wants!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments