'Scooby Doo' 911 Call - 'I'm Bleeding Quite Badly'

10/21/2009 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

YOU GOTTA HEAR THIS: TMZ has obtained the gnarly 911 call made after Nick Palatas -- who plays Shaggy in a new "Scooby Doo" movie -- sliced his thumb open with a table saw.

Palatas -- who had been working with the saw at his house in Northridge, CA back in September -- made the frantic call himself ... telling the dispatcher he "cut it all the way down to the bone ... I must have cut a half-inch off my finger ... I'm bleeding quite badly."

When the dispatcher asks Palatas if he's breathing normally, the actor replies: "I'm trying to keep it as normal as possible, sir, it hurts like f**k!!" Palatas was eventually taken to the hospital and sewn up.

We give this call two mangled thumbs up.

jennie

i thought you said he cut his finger off and his mother had to bring it to the hospital to get re-attached...

doc murry

and that comment comes to you from someone with satan in their name..quit complaining and shut up

London not England

RUUUBY ROOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Have no shame

He called 911 for that????????

What an idiot!!! While someone is dying somewhere this dumbass wants an ambulance sent because he got a boo boo.

What can you expect from an actor?

Kristen C. Butts

Are you kidding me? Is it considered an emergency? Yes. What do you do in that situation? UHH CALL 911

I think YOU'RE the dumbass

jackschitt

What a drama queen! #16 is right-wrap it up and drive yourself to the hospital like most people.

balls

balls

S

I'm glad he's alright now and they managed to get his thumb re-attached. I remember from the first post about this story the doctors were sure if they could do it.

And to the people saying it isn't an emergency and he should have driven himself, shut up. I've sliced my finger up too and it's ridiculouly painful, and such a quick and painful accident can cause your body can go into shock (hence his trouble keeping his breath calm, I had the same issue, and I couldn't stop shaking). It's not a good idea to be driving in those conditions, not to mention if he was bleeding badly he could have become dizzy from the blood loss. We have 911 and abundances to help injured people for reasons like this.

anji

Chances are his thumb WAS missing, as originally reported. THIS is the call from THEN. He was probably in shock and didn't realise there WAS thumb missing. If it was jagged cut, then he probably didn't realise some was missing... if it's covered in a towel to stop the bleeding, then he wouldn't be able to keep checking it.

So... both stories are correct. The 911 call has a victim in shock... they don't know what they're saying half the time!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2