Sheriff Investigated Over Balloon Boy Comments

10/28/2009 1:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sheriff Investigated Over Balloon Boy CommentsThe tell-it-like-it-is Sheriff who first labeled the Balloon Boy incident a "hoax" will be investigated by the local D.A. -- for allegedly telling a little too much about the Heene family.

Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden is on the hot seat after recently announcing that the county's Child Protective Services team had been asked to investigate Richard and Mayumi Heene in the wake of the hoax.

Heene's attorney claims Alderden broke a Colorado law, which bars officials from discussing information about a family investigation publicly.

So far, no comment from the Sheriff.

shuffler

I said it before, but this guy comes across as too much of a egotistical showman, which I reckon is unprofessional.

HOW DARE YOU

element2003

i dunno its kinda easy for us to sit here and be armchair activists.. whatever happened to call a spade a spade and jeez people seriously grow a pair... however unprofessional he may be makes no difference, if it wasnt for twisted voyeuristic media none of us would even know who this guy is... its none of our damn business!

Sand D

Holy crap...the only person who shows a level head and he gets slap on the back of it......come on people button your flaps your azzzzzz are showing!

Do not wanna reveal

Well, the Heene's might get off now. The Sheriff knows the laws there. That's really weird in my opinion.

Only marry foreign women

Cops, government agencies, divorce courts hate fathers.

atabaw

Wow, the person is a level headed man doing his job - ok he embelished a bit on the family bizz, but that is no reason to smack him in the face with it - this family is a discrace! They should have been exposed for what they did and now for the crap that they have put those kids through. This is a crazy, abusive family - HELLO - its nothing worse than what US magazine would have put out or what TMZ would have dug up and published.
I'm just saying......

wishing they would just go the hell away!

Ha - great tactic Heene - try to deflect some of the attention off yourself! (my husband tries that all the time - doesn't work)

N

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME TO QUIT CALLING HIM THE "BALLON BOY" AND PUT THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS. "BALLON DAD" WHAT A NUT!

radarluv

So true #8.

Janet

Come on!! The Heene family gets everyone involved in their hoax and they are now the victims?? They shouldn't have gotten the Sheriff's dept and all the other gov. agencies involved in their stupid game. If the Sheriff gets in trouble or sued then he should turn around and sue the Heene family.

They were in it for the money

Oh so what! This Sheriff is one cool dude, leave him alone! I also admit some of the things he said weren't quite proffesional, but what the hay hay, it's Colorado where the Buffalo roam and this was a bizarre incident. I think more people should start telling it the way it is. DA is just mad their big speech was undercut by a tell it the way it is Hero.

Nancy

This country is a JOKE !!!! So the sheriff will go down while the AZZWIPE HEENES will more than likely go free. And then people say "Hmmmmm, what's wrong with this country?"

There is no such thing as reality tv

2. I totally agree, I believe there was many things that the Sheriff said that was very unprofessional. What the family did was so wrong. But he still has to act like a professional. He almost cheapened what the family did, kinda making a joke of it all.

I also agree with the above comments. I watched the sheriff's newscast, and it looked like he wanted his own 15 minutes of fame. He was very unprofessional.

Missy

I thought the sheriff did a terrific job....And I do not think investigations concerning Child Protective Services should remain off limits. That is what is wrong. Keeping these things secret only makes it worse for the victims. Balloon Boys parents who have a filthy house and questionable judgement need to move in with their wingnut parents and leave us alone!! Aso they should be made to clean up trash, scour rest area bathrooms and stop storm chasing what losers...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments