Taylor Swift Embraces the Swastika

10/29/2009 1:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Swift's rep just put together this swift explanation for TMZ, "Taylor took pictures with about 100 people that night ... she doesn't know who this guy is and she didn't realize what was on his shirt."

What the heil was Taylor Swift thinking?

Taylor Swift Embraces the Swastika

During Katy Perry's birthday party in West Hollywood last weekend, 19-year-old Swift put her arm around a guy wearing a Nazi swastika -- a symbol of hate, murder and evil -- and smiled for a photograph.

There are rumblings that the "JH" on Swift's shirt stands for "Jew Hater" -- but it seems more likely it stands for Julianne Hough due to the fact that Hough had a "TS" painted on her outfit ... most likely for Taylor Swift.

Murry River

It definately looks like a photoshop job--The swastika is out of sinc with the other red paint on the shirt

o0_16_0o

she have done nothing wrong with that...and she embraced the man with the swastika not the swastika!!

Rachel

I wasn't sure if the letters on Taylors Dress (JH) We're for Jew Hater... I'm curious of the nature of such a party.
Could you be that innocent and be classified as a Jew Hater?

frankie

K, she obviously didn't see that he had that on his shirt, You guys are all retarded you make a big deal out of everything.

Jay Adler

AS a freelance writer I have posted a few commentaries about this event where I expressly indicated my total support for the clear impossibility that Taylor Swift could ever endorse or participate in any racial or ethnic hatred. She has always appeared to me as being a very well grounded and level headed young lady. It has been some time since that photo has been exhibited for the world to see on the Internet. The only response that we were accorded was a rather typical and unsupportable statement from her management team. I think that initially, Taylor Swift may have wished to set the record straight personally with her fans and others concerned with the event. The fact that she has not commented at all may mean that because she is essentially someone raised in show business, her legal advisors and with SNL coming up may have rightfully not wanted to start a dialog with the press.

Sarah

What was she supposed to do? Say, "No, I can't take a picture with you because of what you're wearing." I'm sure she would never say that. That guy shouldn't have that on his shirt in the first place, this isn't Taylor's fault.

Jay Adler

Some of the remarks above in my view are distracted and somewhat off message. Kanye West is not the focal point of this situation and as matter of fact I think he was overly chastised for something that after SNL will conclude in benefiting both celebrities. Exiting Kanye who again is not involved whatsoever in this Taylor Swift puzzle, my question still remains that in deference to her fans why has she chosen to remain mum? Certainly she is no Rhodes Scholar and that is why she has lawyers who could easily prepare a three line statement to assure her fans that she was oblivious to the action.

Hannah

That is actually a symbol for peace. The Nazis stole it from the Jews.

Columba

Swastika Guy is in MSTRKRFT's ft John Legend - Heartbreaker Music Video ( the guy with sun glasses and no swastika this time).

Lauren

Seriously, if anyone takes this seriously as a reflection of her, and believes it means "jew hater", they are IDIOTS....this is one of the dumbest things ever...it's obvious it's Julianne Hough's initials...DUH! Lets grow a brain people, lets find whatever chromosomes we are missing, I'm sure they're around you somewhere...

sam

taylor swift is not a jew hater you are if you posted this article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lOVE YOUR BIGGEST FAN
SAM

notakike

TMZ iz owned by joos.I was never much of a Taylor Swift fan,but if she bashes pos jews more power to her.

herp a durr

>implying the swastika hasn't been around for centuries and is in fact a symbol of eternity and the universe in most cultures

****ing TMZ, do your research ***gots. This is why no one respects you.

Hitler

Shes not a jew

Jayna Stewart

Anybody that has taken an archeology class should know that the symbol was warped by the nazi's. That symbol was a symbol of happiness and luck for years. Another comment up there (comment 10) explains how the symbol can be made into something bad. People amaze me that they can actually say shame on these people. Who are you to say something like that when you are obviously just less educated then those kids. Completely amazes me.