No Doubt Sues

Gwen Is Not a Man!

11/4/2009 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gwen Stefani is not a man and wants nothing to do with hookers -- but according to a new lawsuit, Gwen claims she's being manipulated into all sorts of manly, unGwen-like behavior for a new "Guitar Hero" video game.

gwen2-1

The band No Doubt is suing the makers of a new game called "Band Hero" -- claiming gamers were only supposed to be able to use No Doubt's digital images to sing 3 No Doubt songs.

But in the lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, the band claims Activision "transformed No Doubt band members into a virtual karaoke circus act" by having them "sing, dance and perform over sixty songs."

The band is suing for an injuction prohibiting "the unauthorized use of the No Doubt's name and likeness" in the game ... along with an undetermined amount of damages.

UPDATE: TMZ spoke with a rep from Activision who tells us, "Activision has a written agreement to use No Doubt in Band Hero – an agreement signed by No Doubt after extensive negotiations with its representatives, who collectively have decades of experience in the entertainment industry ...

... Activision believes it is within its legal rights with respect to the use and portrayal of the band members in the game and that this lawsuit is without merit.
"

Dee

No Doubt rocks to this day. Gwen and the rest of the band has come a long way! The tour this year was f*&king awesome. You should have been there, LOSERS!!! You wouldn't care if your Avatar was either sex because you have no life. She has worked hard for her success and has earned the right to defend/preserve it.

jaddedkitten

No doubt sucks

buddha

If Activision contacted me, i'd love to have my body put in the game to sing all of those songs. Just get in touch.

LisaL

It's a VIDEO GAME. People playing it don't even pay attention to the avatars in the back. It could be just a bunch of stationary boxes for all anyone cares.
Good lord, I just lost any respect I had for No Doubt... which wasn't much, but still. IDIOTS

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

NO DOUBT REALLY SUCKS EGGS, TEE HEE HEE!

me

that is kind of funny! The band is particularly pissed that Gwen Stefani's animated image can channel a male voice to sing "Honky Tonk Woman" by the Rolling Stones ... a song which contains lyrics about "having sex with prostitutes."

she can channel a males voice! HA!!!

me

ok i do not want to be me anymore...i changed the name before...what did i do tho???

'me' UGH ITS SO ANNOYING!!

me

i do not want my name to be me!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!

me

i want a name too, just like this kooky klown, i dont want it to automatically put ,'me' in as my name! THATS BORING!!!!

LORI!!!!!

Carl

The contract they signed should spell out pretty clearly if their likeness was limited to their songs or not. If it doesn't make it clear than both sides should fire the lawyers that drafted the contract for being idiots.

Sarafen420

what?......the No Doubt Comeback Tour not a success?...so you gotta sue
video game companies over dumb Sh&T......LOSERS.

Helldorado

Shut up and do your heroin like good little singer.

Sheesh.
Some people.
The nerve!

Richard Heene

Well that sounds like a great idea, Activision, call me, I'll replace her.

pollynoo

This ugly douche is such a no-talent, it's not even funny.

KOOKYPEDIA