Rihanna: Chris Had No Soul in His Eyes

11/6/2009 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna described all the horrific details of Chris Brown's brutal attack on her last February -- claiming he was soulless and had "clearly blacked out" when he was smashing her face in.

Rihanna: Click to watch
On "Good Morning America," Rihanna explained how a fight over a text message set him off -- and once the beating started, all she could think about was "When is it going to stop?"

Interestingly enough, she says she doesn't hate him -- and instead wants him to "have a great career" and to "take this as something to go through and learn."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

well well

RIHANNA ALBUM DROPPING NOVEMBER 23RD!!!!!!

Coolestever63

I love Rihanna.....I would never hit a woman. Some dudes need to learn what's up

Fleet Pete

Nice time to come out and talk about this right before the CD drops. Gotta love the industry. Better late than never.

FO REAL

Rihanna is a very sweet girl.
My son and i met her at the 07 Kids Choice Awards. She was very gracious and took pictures with everyone.

LUVBEYONCE

I love Rihanna. She really handled herself well and I'm glad that she seems to have a better memory than her ex

Gypsy

I think Rihanna and Chris are both very brave to endure the harsh criticisms and scrutiny that they have since the fight occurred. It has to be hell trying to move past an incident and go on with your every day life when their fans want...no, DEMAND answers. I can't imagine what Rihanna has gone through dealing with the whole world's reaction to the picture that was leaked of her face after that beating..nobody, man or woman, should be in a relationship with someone that could be that violent. Chris has been tried and convicted..let him do his time. She has spoken, Chris has spoken, maybe now they can get back some sense of normalcy. I say we pray for them both.

OH PLEASE

ALL SCRIPTED. NEW CD DROPPING.TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH. WHAT DID SHE DO WHEN SHE SAW THE TEXT MESSAGE? SHE IS STILL PARTYING AND HANGING OUT. I THOUGHT SHE WAS SO TRAUMATIZED. SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THIS. MOVE ON, HE IS NOT THE ONLY PERSON THAT HIT A WOMAN, BUT YOU PEOPLE WANT TO CRUCIFY THIS YOUNG MAN. OH BY THE WAY THEIR ARE WOMEN THAT HIT MEN AND HURT THEM.

215girl

I dont like the fact that this young man is being blamed for the ENTIRE incident. They both were at fault, no she did not deserve to be beaten up but he wasnt the only one at fault.

frombelair

being famous doesn`t mean you got class or brains for that matter, and where did you get those eyes from...

Amy

Wasn't domestic violence awareness month in October? Why did she wait soo long to speak about this? hmmm, let me guess... Because her album is coming out November 23rd...

Lauryn

Of course she's doing this with her CD dropping. In a perfect world she wouldnt have to do it at all, but because she has to do press, its better to sit down and hash everything out at once. And personally, I think she sounds incredibly classy. I'm very proud of how she's handling herself, and what she has to say.

Way to go!

addy

enough already. the young man has taken responsibility and shown remorse so let him be. and i'm hoping she gives a vivid description of her reaction when she saw the text message. i'm sure he didn't just bash her face in when she politely enquired about the sender of the message.

Angela

I have no sympathy for this, whatever you call her, at all. She sits there and tries to play the victim. She may fool the majority of people but she's not fooling me at all, I'm just a little wiser.

leigh

she is as disgusting as he is. she started the fight. should have kept her hands off his phone. she knew he was a cheater. i dont feel sorry for her. next time don't hit the man. i will not buy any product she represents. I won't purchase music by either one. she is a stupid girl. all she had to do was say no and stay away from him if his eyes were "soul less". she had people that could keep him away. good acting during her interview. not impressed with her ever. i don't buy the poor me attitude.

Only marry foreign women

The way protective orders are issued is one example of the erosion of civil rights and due process protections in cases alleging domestic violence. Mandatory arrest, "predominant aggressor" and "primary aggressor" laws, no drop prosecution, low standards of proof for protective orders, over-broad definitions of domestic violence, and Federal funding that encourages officials to interpret as many cases as possible as domestic violence cases, have all lead to the predictable result: massive civil rights violations in the area of domestic violence.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments