Steven Tyler to Leave Aerosmith?

11/8/2009 6:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven TylerWhat is Aerosmith without Steven Tyler?Joe Perry and some guys you can't remember the name of.

The unthinkable might be a reality -- Tyler may be on his way out. Joe Perry told the Las Vegas Sun he thinks Tyler has quit, but he isn't really sure.

He says, "Steven quit as far as I can tell ... I don't know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Calls to the band were not returned.

mike nadzeika

s.t.you cant quit,ive been lovin your band from day one,plus i didnt get to see you live yet,ive been tring for45 years. get better and get to gettin.

Carl

Joe has been on a Tyler bashing tour for the past month or more. Aerosmith is my all time favorite band and it pains me to think they may split up. But they really need to be working this out behind closed doors. What Joe is doing now seems more like stirring up drama to promote his solo album.

patti

An Aerosmith without Tyler is like a day without sunshine. Plz say it isn't so.

Tie

Remember the accident he had earlier this year on stage, kind of a tumble??? I heard that he is facing some very challenging health issues, don't know what, but they are serious and getting worse and he needs to seek continous treatment. Heard his health put some strain on Liv, thus strain on her marriage thus her divorce. Heard his health has gotten worse since then. So if he does leave or that there are rumors of him leaving, then maybe the whispers of his withering health are true.

Allen Ridak

I thought he was dead

copgirl

We finally saw Aerosmith this summer after wanting to for 25+ years. I told my husband we should because, at their age and ours, we might never have another chance. Turns out I was probably right and boy am I glad we did. They were still the best band I ever saw. Shame it all seems to be coming to an end.

sheesh

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gene yuss

who is stephen tyler without the rest of aerosmith? still aerosmith

JadedLady

JP has been running his mouth for at least the past month. Everything is ST fault. Blah, blah, blah.
JP needs to realize he's nothing without the other guys. He's tried a solo career before and failed miserable. He's a lousy singer. Why don't his people tell him that?? And maybe if he's wife Billie wasn't trying to find a "replacement" already ST might return his calls.
Joe needs to keep his mouth shut and delete his wifey's Twitter account.

DerangedFaery

Aerosmith without Steven is like Pantera without Darrell(dimebag)

suzy

is this guy still alive?
i thought he died in the accident with his neck

Glassman

"There will never be anyone who can sing like Tyler"

----------------------

If Journey can find Steve Perry's voice in a little Asian dude on YouTube, then I'm sure there's someone out there that can pull off Steven Tyler.

Dana

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE!!! AEROSMITH WILL NEVER BE AEROSMITH WITHOUT STEVEN TYLER! DO NOT LEAVE....OH MY GOSH, I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO THINK OF YOU GUYS NOT BEING TOGETHER, I'M GONNA HAVE TO DO SOME SERIOUS PRAYING!!!

kitty

are they still making new music?? or do they mean he quit touring. have they made any new music in the last ten years? sorry to see them break up after all these years together though. but thats alot longer than most other bands.

Vince Abbey

I don't know for sure but when Tyler fell off the stage in Sturgis Joe seemed pretty upset at the remainder of their tour being cancelled. It probably affected a lot of people and cost some serious lost revenue. Maybe Tyler wasn't getting any sympathy for his injuries and resentment and hurt feelings all around. They're only human.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments