Steven Tyler to Leave Aerosmith?

11/8/2009 6:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven TylerWhat is Aerosmith without Steven Tyler?Joe Perry and some guys you can't remember the name of.

The unthinkable might be a reality -- Tyler may be on his way out. Joe Perry told the Las Vegas Sun he thinks Tyler has quit, but he isn't really sure.

He says, "Steven quit as far as I can tell ... I don't know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Calls to the band were not returned.

Allen Ridak

You lot are kidding, I hope! Steve Tyler has always been the Poor Man's Mick Jagger

balls

BOING with me, BOING for the year
BOING for the laughter, BOING for the tear
BOING with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

SSinOC

IMO Joe has been riding him because he knows he's abusing and it's screwing everyone else up. The fall off the stage has probably driven Steve into deeper despair. His quitting is a result of him not really in the right frame of mind currently. If he is still abusing then he's just digging himself into a deeper hole day by day.

sheesh

hey 18, the difference between Tyler & Jagger is Tyler can sing.

Woody Black

Um....they'll get the dude from Buckcherry?

SP

I am done with them anyway, I won tics to go see them in CHarlotte & now they screw the fans, go ahead & retire.

Theresa Gregory

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!! NO ONE WILL EVER TAKE HIS PLACE. STEVEN TYLER IS AEROSMITH!!!!!!!!

navymom

OMG, say it isn't so!! This band, these guys, have been a part of my life for the past 30 years!! I've seen them in concert way too many times to count. My anniversary present from my hubby in 2005 was front row seats!! I love these guys and all they've represented over the years. I'm praying that Steven separates himself from those around him who are bad for him (namely that butthead Mark Hudson and the trampy, ugly girlfriend Erin Brady) and he comes to his senses!! There is no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler and all four of the other guys, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Joey Kramer and Tom Hamilton know that way down deep!! These men have been friends for more than 40 years and here's hoping they resolve their differences and put their friendships back together, even if its not to put Aerosmith back together. No matter what, Aerosmith will never die in their true fans!! This is a truly sad day for me and I hope whatever is between these men gets resolved. They are all only human and truly have been thru everything together. For them to throw away their friendships would be devastating!!

bill

Who cares? They were a favorite band of mine for years and then years after that.These guitar players and I am one, never realize that the singer no matter how out of their minds they are, tend to be the reason a band makes it or not. It is a band's signiture. Hey Joe do you think bashing him in the press is going to have a positive affect on Steven? You guys split before and it was a nightmare.Why don't you just retire the band for now. You can always un-retire like my favorite QB Brett Favre.

SilvieJ

I love the original band with Tyler but if he has issues and doesn't want to be part of Aerosmith anymore then why shouldn't the rest of the group work? I say get Adam Lambert as the temporary frontman and keep keep the band working and playing concerts.

31337 one

Who else thinks that if you shave Tyler's head he'll look like Fu from Eddie Murphy's Golden Child?

michelle

Sign Adam Lambert....

TC

Its probably a drug abuse relapse issue and a need for rehab. Get well soon.

star

i remember when i went to see aerosmith it was awesome it was on halloween night. not having steve tyler is like watching a show without the main character.the band will just die out.

Anne

He really does not sing that well (unless you're drunk or... ,and you like screeching) people. And he's tacky, not funny, and so last, last decade. And that jumping around crap. Oh please! He SHOULD retire.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments