Katt Williams -- I Was a Guest, Not a Burglar!

11/9/2009 5:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katt Williams was not burglarizing anyone and his arrest for same is totally bogus -- according to Katt's lawyer.

Katt Williams

William Briggs
told TMZ Katt was in Georgia shooting a movie, staying at the property of a friend and the movie's producer, Barry Hankerson.

Briggs says the reason his client was busted is because he was involved in a dispute with one of Barry's employees who lives in the guesthouse. The vengeful employee called the cops and reported a faux burglary, Briggs says. Briggs adds Katt had "full permission" to be on the property and has been staying there for the last 3 weeks.

Katt is still in custody. There's a bail hearing set for 4 PM ET.

UPDATE
: Katt's bond was set at $41,150.

tanzi

I still love u Katt Williams but i am upset with the hair. lol

barry Gordy is genius

Burglary? Please, KATT WILLIAMS owns a luxurious mansion in FRESNO.
He's got his own money, honey.

barry Gordy is genius

Everyone knows he already owns a big ass house in Fresno. Katt Williams is going to be fine.

barry Gordy is genius

Yes, it is true. I believe JAY-Z once said, "Mo MOney, Mo Problems". It probably was a setup. It's part of being a celebrity. Since he's locked up, that gives aspiring entrepreneurs (like myself) the opportunity to dabble in the art of pimping. Why not? I want a big mansion in the good neighborhoods of Fresno too. I deserve it. So, from now on, I shall uphold the values and customs of pimpology. Starting with my neighbor's wife. Hey, pimpin ain't easy, but somebody's gotta do it. Until Katt gets released, I'll be holding it down. Ya dig ?

Les

wow what happen to him

secretmachin24

It doesn't look good for him since he was found with a crowbar, jewelry, and other items on him that reportedly belong to the homeowner. Coweta County plays host to a lot of movies and actors so anytime something like this happens it is regretable, but if he is guilty let him pay the price and if not then let it go. TMZ failed to report that there was apparently a 17 year old male that had reported being held captive by Williams, but the Coweta County Sheriff does not believe there was a kidnapping situation here. The young man has since left the state and returned home to where ever it is he lives. For more info on the story I refer you to the local section of the Coweta Times Herald.

Coop

Really??? okay, whr was this Barry guy whom owned the hs. Y wasn't he called whn police was on the way or even arrived....I mean really??? What was the dispute about? Did the police even ask? Y was Katt the only one arrested? If I was Katt, everyone involved would be sued.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3