Joe to MJ: Support Me in the Afterlife!

11/11/2009 11:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson made a promise to "always support" his dad and if the estate reneges on that promise Joe will take it to court -- this, according to Joe's lawyer.

Joe Jackson Michael Jackson

Attorney Brian Oxman tells TMZ Michael had repeatedly given Joe, Katherine, and other members of the family assurance that he would "always support" them ... even in the afterlife.

Oxman says Jackson -- in effect -- made a contract on which the family relied. He reiterated -- he's considering filing a creditor's claim if Joe is cut off financially.

The estate seems curiously supportive in giving Joe an allowance ... at least for the time being. But the clock is ticking on creditor's claims, so Joe may have to file one soon in order to preserve his right to go after the MJ estate.

Stay tuned...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

beagleladywv

Why don't Michael's siblings take care of their dad? Why is it that is was always Michael who was expected to take care of everyone?

The brothers have said in their reality show that they were glad that their father punished them. They are just fine with him. Michael did NOT appreciate being beaten. Let the brothers take care of their wonderful father!

For Jermaine to say that his father created the estate is a bunch of BS. All the hard work Michael did for 45 years and Joseph gets all the credit?

I don't see Katherine jumping in and offering her husband any of her money. I don't hear of Janet (millionaire) or any of the brothers offering to take care of Joeseph. He was their father too- not just Michael's.

Joseph wants $15,00 a month to live? I surely don't live on that much money. Old Joe needs to tighten his belt the same as the rest of America.

element2003

joe jackson is a vulture.. an extremely recognizable, misinformed, no good vulture!

Only marry foreign women

You're a father. America hates fathers.

Only marry foreign women

Moms are good, Fathers are bad

GREG MOORE

HES A ASS HOLE FOR A FARTHEAR WHAT A JEACK OFF ALLWAYS GREGORY

Cali MJ Fan

What a crock of $hit! I still smell a rat or a pack of them. What are the odds that the "deal" that Oxman so openly said in court yesterday was Katherine would no longer oppose Team Branca if Joe got an allowance to keep him out of the spotlight ?!?!

The timing of the whole thing is just odd. Why didn't he step forward earlier? Why now? Rats I tell you, I smell rats.

Inquiring Mind

Dang it Joe...Stop asking already! I am sure Mike wanted to see you taken care of but not in that way!

If he truly felt that way he would've fixed that Will a Looonngg time agoo! I FEEL BAD FOR YOU JOE BUT COME ON enough is enough already.

dee

Wasn't there a clause in the will regarding anyone disputing it getting nothing?

Inquiring Mind

Dang Gone itJoe.. Can you stop already?

It's the kids money!!!!

Debbie

I really believe that ole Joe thinks when he dies he can take it all with him leaving no one anything.

Glendetta

TMZ you're really pushing it. Ease up on the MJ crap and stop being obvious.

Amber

THE MJ family are all freaks, and so are you idiot losers who worship him (simone, your face smells like armpit-scented vag! get a life you fat slug)

Amber

I am a worthless obese person who can't be bothered to work. I'm probably collecting SSI checks for my disability. If I lean my fat body against the dryer as it cycles, my fat will do the moonwalk. shamon!

bianca

This situation is getting so down in the gutter despicable !! Joe and the other members of the family who it is claimed MJ promised to support even in the after life have NO SHAME! These pple are just plain flesh-eating vultures! No wonder MJ was so unhappy and created his own family. Why dont they leech on Janet; Michael was weak, it seemed.

Cali MJ Fan

@Dee,

If I'm not mistaken, the no-contest clause applies to the beneficiaries named in the Will & Trust-- not others trying to get a piece of the action.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments