Photog

Sues Debbie Rowe

11/18/2009 7:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A photographer who had a physical run-in with Debbie Rowe back in July is now suing Michael Jackson's ex-wife in small claims court.

Debbie_Rowe (12).JPG
It's all over an incident that went down in front of a Chinese restaurant in Lancaster, California right after MJ died -- in which a swarm of paparazzi swarmed Rowe asking about the kids. Rowe lashed out at one photog, "Are you ready to have your butt kicked?"

Now, that photog, Ed Frommer, wants $7,500 in damages from Rowe -- claiming she lied to police, telling them he scratched her face, pulled her arm and struck her in the back.

Frommer tells us, "You can see from the video, I didn't touch her face" adding, "anything that happened was not intentional."

Frommer claims his reputation has taken some serious hits from the incident and he can't get work. The hearing is scheduled for January.

something smells

Paris Jackson looks just like her.

Over It Already

IS EVERYONE ELSE COMPLETELY OVER ANYTHING RELATED TO THE MICHAEL JACKSON STORY(IES)? No disrepect to the Jackson Family and his fans, but Michael died five months ago, and there seems to be nothing but this on every news site there is....Life Goes On...... with or without Mr. Jackson. I'm getting tired of reading who is suing who for a piece of this estate and that his kids attended Karate Class and that Jermaine is trying to restart his career and how Janet thinks like the rest of us. Move on TMZ.

Sand D

Holy Crap I think I should change my name to SUE and move to California......much better than pig calling don't yah think!
This sucker is going to be very disappointed in his suit....kinda late in the game isn't he.

nan

the photographer should have respected her privacy .can you imagine her grief and anguish at mj passing and what will happen to trhe little ones.maybe she didnt want to be a conventional mother but that doesnt mean she has a herat of stone..laeve her alone

Missy

I am not a fan of debbie but,Debbie did tell them to leave her alone and back off,they wouldn't listen! I do see a little bit of debbie in Prince1 and Paris,but i see more of MJs features!

$$$

Can't get work??? How hard is it to point a camera at someone and push a button?

Ohhhhhh...you mean REAL work...

Sounds like you couldn't get real work before either...if you were a pap.

Dude

Sick of it all, I feel your pain!

However, I am a huge MJ fan and want to pose this question to all TMZ readers. Does anyone else find it kind of odd with all this non-stop MJ coverage since his passing, that TMZ and no other major media outlets (cnn, fox news, msnbc) have not covered the suicide of Evan Chandler? For those who do not know who he was, he was the father of the kid that originally accused Jackson of molestation in 1993. He shot himself and his body was discovered on Nov. 5 of this year. I would think with all things Michael Jackson making the news that this would be all over the place. But I just read about it yesterday.

Maybe it is not being reported widely out of respect for Chandler's family?

agent209t

man you paparazzi really are leeches in more ways then one. I guess its great when your "Boss is a Lawyer"

Sarah

I live in the same town as these two people. Debbie should sue this wannabe photographer. He also is admitting his guilt "anything that happened was not intentional." so you did touch her. He also showed up on two different news stations one he was saying his arm was injured, but the other the same day his arm was fine. If he does win, which I hope he does not, I hope he buys a set of teeth, with that money.

janalal4

Sick of it all, I feel your pain!

Maybe it is not being reported widely out of respect for Chandler's family?

Posted at 6:37PM on Nov 18th 2009 by Dude

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/18/photog-sues-debbie-rowe/2#comments#ixzz0XG1yhIP9

I heard about Evan Chandlers dad on HLN(sister network of CNN) today at about 2pm. So yes, it has been reported by them but I absolutely agree that I'm stunned that TMZ has said absolutely NOTHING about it. No story posted, no mention of it in the live feed....NOTHING! Very weird indeed?!

janalal4

27. 24. This so-called photographer is just a sue-happy waste of space. Sucks that our state has to even waste tax $$$ on this mess but it'll probably get thrown out of court anyways.

Sick of it all, I feel your pain!

Maybe it is not being reported widely out of respect for Chandler's family?

Posted at 6:37PM on Nov 18th 2009 by Dude

Posted at 6:43PM on Nov 18th 2009 by janalal4

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/18/photog-sues-debbie-rowe/2#c23221559#ixzz0XG4nCbLA

Scratch that, Jordie Chandlers father, Evan is what I meant. Duh! lol! I don't know how 'authentic' this is but it supposedly is a leaked phone conv. & the man you hear is Evan Chandler speaking about the suit he planned to file against MJ. I didn't even know this existed.

Steph

Omg people shut up about MJ's kids already. Would you want people talking about your kids all the time? I highly doubt it. Leave them alone and let them live their lives. They were all MICHAEL's kids whether people want to believe it or not. How many damn people adopt kids or use in vitro. No matter how you look at it they are his kids, So back up and go find another life to ruin because you people are the reason MJ's life was ruined.

punchapap

F U PAPARAZZI!!!!!!

Dude

I am actually kind of glad that it's not all over the place to be honest. Suicides are so hard for family members/friends/associates to cope with. From all of the investigative articles I have read throughout the years, it does appear that Evan & Jordan Chandler's accusations were complete B.S. just made up in order to get money.

It's easy to chalk his suicide up to karma and also to say he got what he deserved. And don't get me wrong, what this Evan guy did was really horrible. Not to mention, the way he attacked his son a few years ago was unexcusable. But I sure wouldn't wish death on anybody. I guess this is just another crazy turn in what was Michael Jackson's world.

They were in it for the money

Why should anybody respect Debbie? She and Klein buffaloed Michael and wanted money - whats new-She disavowed the 2 kids she birthed-she wants nothing to do with them but the moneys ok. Always looks for that green.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments