Oprah -- Just What the Doctor Ordered

11/19/2009 9:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey insiders tell TMZ Oprah initially planned to announce she was quitting her show earlier than today ... but the decision was delayed for strategic reasons.

Oprah

We're told Oprah will be making her big announcement tomorrow because it's the last taping day of the show for the rest of the year.

As for the strategic reasons .... one insider says Oprah wants "The Dr. Oz Show" to slip into her time period on ABC when her show goes off the air. We've learned "The Dr. Oz Show" becomes a free agent literally within days of the final curtain for "Oprah." Will ABC buy Oz?

Stay tuned ...

Its' over

That reason for her waiting until Friday to make the annoucement that she is leaving because it is the last taped show makes no sense because the show was live.

Balls has no Balls

bye o hello dr.o

MR

Suppressed Medical Records (File 5100-13465/001)

St. Catharines, Ontario

- Privacy Commissioner of Canada (Sect. 25,26,28)

- C.M.H.A / C.A.M.H. - Brock University

Further details Google:

Medicine_Gone_Bad

or

MARK

Its been a good run!!! Good Luck!!!

ilovetheshowmadmen

thank heavens... SO SO SO tired of Miss Thang that has to name drop and KNOWS everything! Buh Bye Orkah~~

HEY I NO HIM

Oprah leaving. So i guess her next position will be to take out michelle and be with "O"BAMA... GOOD RIDENS NOW SHE CAN BUY MARS AND LIVE ON IT FOR ALL I CARE.

Fred Farkel

Seems like billions of folks worshipped Mika Jackson.

And billions worshipped Oprah.

Never quite figured that out.

Cappy Lills Kid

Love ya Oprah -> thanks for 25 great years

Amanda

Oprah's audience seems to embrace Dr Oz. He has a good chance at getting her time slot.

Amanda

hmmm

I can only handle a little bit of Dr. Oz at a time. I will end up hating him as much as I hate Dr. Phil.

jean

Just wondering if she may persue a public office,or, a record label also? She has the midas touch,and a huge fan base.She might be President Oprah in the near future doing a live show in the oval office.

that.is.all

as long as I never have to accidentally come across Oprah on tv again, I'm good

so long Oprah

so not nice knowing you

kerri

I use to love Oprah,but seeing how she acts against whites,she has turned me off.Look in her audience 99 percent are whites,the whites are who has supported all these years,and she always is there to support the blacks not the whites.I feel she is a racist...Glad she's finally retiring......

causeiamok

what does oprah, oz, the final curtain and michael jackson have in common????????
think about it

Right back at ya

This was "Breaking News" on ABC7, in So Cal. The News Anchor made it sound important, which led me to believe that it was immediate, when in fact, the date is sometime in 2011. What's the big friggin' deal? Oprah had plans to retire four years ago, then two, and now this latest date. I'll believe it when it happens. Same stories and topics repeated, but with different people. Tired and bored of it all. I would like to see Oprah acting again.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments