'Twilight' Connection in Big Heroin Bust

11/23/2009 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Here's the kind of "Twilight" merchandise you really don't want your kids getting their hands on -- baggies of heroin with a cartoon of Rob Pattinson's face printed on them.

'Twilight' Connection in Big Heroin Bust

DEA Special Agent Erin McKenzie-Mulvey tells us the heroin baggies with "Twilight" characters were seized recently in West Hempstead, Long Island. The "Twilight"-themed baggies have been gaining popularity over the last couple of months.

New York Special Agent in Charge John Gilbride tells TMZ a dime bag of heroin in New York is cheaper than a six pack of beer.

BabyGirl

OMG!

First!

kimberly

This is terrible!

sprdav5150

I bet its the Movie company, wanting more people to talk about it... Obama, I didnt vote for him.

Bryan

LMFAO Its the only way that Twilight is interesting!!!

Freddie Freelance

Where is John Gilbride buying his beer? A "Dime Bag" costs $10; that's why its called a "Dime Bag."

Sono

What do Coke junkies & fans of the Twilight series have in common? They both like really crappy movies!

Truth

I knew those tea bagger protests would lead to something criminal!

Tina

That's just crazy. I hope to see the new movie this weekend. I just love Robert Pattinson!

Cappy Lills Kid

Copyright infringment!
Where's the lawyers?

CriticAl

Woo-hoo! This junk makes my skin sparkle, man!

Reason

LOL @ Freddie Freelance

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Todd da Man

So illegal drugs are cheaper than beer. That is ridiculous! What has been the point of all the billions spent on the War on Drugs if I can get heroin for less than $10?? I don't care about the "Twlight" connection. That is just good marketing by the drug dealers. I just hate to think about all the tax dollars apparently wasted. While I didn't, and don't, expect illegal drugs to just disappear, I would have expected more from our government's efforts than heroin for less than $10 a pop.

to little

A six pack in NY cost more then ten dollars???? wtf how much for a pint of alcohol?

Rachel

Takes "you are my brand of heroin" a LITTLE too far, amirite?

mike

@todd da man
I hate to tell you this, but everyone's tax dollars are going to waste in the war on drugs. Sadly, cheap, potent, widespread drug distribution is a direct product of prohibition. The more you know about the WOD the harder it becomes to defend until it gets to a point where i became appalled that this has been going on so long in the land of the free.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments