« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Statement

'I Let My Family Down'

12/2/2009 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TW Statement
Tiger Woods
has just released the following statement on his website:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

michael

How would you like to sleep next to Loraina (Bobbitt) I mean Elin ? Sounds like a whack job to me. Be careful bro, Your becoming sloppy!

SueN

One has to wonder how much Ms. Grubbs was offered to 'come forth' all of a sudden. I'm sure she got her 'grubby' mitts on quite a bit of money for this. Shame, shame, shame. Yes, Tiger was wrong. But was he any more wrong that Joe Blow who cheats on his wife? Of Mary Doe who cheats on her husband? No..He's human and fallible - it's just that he's in the spotlight and has money. Get off his back..

JBW

TMZ is a plague on our society. Anyone who works there has compromised their soul for a paycheck. Our economy is lagging and most of our politicians are greedy narcissists - these qualities go hand in hand with a society that now cares more about celebrity drama then real intellectual solutions for the problems at hand.

AS a tabloid employee or reader I am sure it is easy to laugh off the screwed up nature of what you are actually involved in. Guess what - you truly truly truly are a joke and a parasite to any growth of this country. Ciao

saysaki

So that's why she went oops up side his head say oops up side your head.

Anonymous0000

If you wanted to keep your family life private Tiger, you shouldn't have been out whoring around. I feel sorry for your wife and two kids. I hope your wife did whoop your a** with a golf club because you deserve it.

Harley

Damn, stop acting like you're all surprised. He's a whore. Plain and simple. To all the girls I've pucked before.....God will still forgive him though. Elin won't. But God will.

London not England

#32-Dani

Yes....I FEEL MUCH Better thank you!

And for ALL you MORONS out there that think this is SUUUUUCH A BIG DEAL!

YOU'RE ALL STUPID ASSES!!!!!
THIS GUY CAN'T EVEN "FART" and NOT have it make International NEWS...
(Remember that??)
IT IS NUNYA BIZNESS...WHO HE'S SCREWING!!

But I GUESS This is THE "SANCTITY OF STRAIGHT MARRIAGE" that you ALL want to keep to the "straight Community" right....?!?!!?
Yes, I can see why you don't want GAYS to marry now...I got it...
Let's keep the Cheats in the Straight WORLD RIGHT?
And YOU SILLY SILLY BITCHES....YOU FIGHT AND STEAL EACH OTHER'S MEN From each Other, then Claim "Sisterhood" when it's "DIVORCE" TIME!?!?!!
Ya know What..Keep Your Carrie Prejean/Jerry Falwell MARRIAGE...
You Deserve each other!

NJ

Tiger stfu already!.......I..i...I...mean as my mother used to say....S**t or get off the pot!....Either your going to get this BS out in the open or let the media drive your a** into mental insanity!......From this view point you are crackin bruh. You made this s**t worse. I told you to go ahead and talk. Hope your built for whats ahead unless you admit that your are human by giving alot more details then what was asked from the begining by the authorities. This is a unforgiving world when the chips are stacked against you. Listen there is profit in ignorance!...Good Luck Pal!

shauna

Dear Tiger, Masterbate. Then you won't have to go through all this mess.
Thanks.

Only marry foreign women

maybe the wife ought to give tiger some lovin' else he would not have to look out side the home

just_a_guy

Hey Tiger! Can you define the word: "is"? Even a president didn't get away with a bimbo blow-out - what makes you think you could do it?

Icons are ripe for hits and bruises by the press and the public - you are NOT exempt. When you portray golf's golden boy, you stand for all that's good and then you do this.

Are you another OJ in the making? TMZ was right and they had you pegged all along.

Any sponsors that stick with you from this point will be totally eschewed by me - and I hope the whole public too.

pie

I guess Tiger could claim that the National Enquire was just media rumors, but after his wife saw the name of Jaimee Grubbs on his cell phone, Tiger calls up Jaimee, and as for a huge favor to take her name off the calling name, but still wants her only to leave her number. Which means Tiger wants to see his mistress so he can lie to his wife. - Tiger, you are a rat.

Mary

Please leave the Wood's family a lone now..Tiger has made a huge mistake..he needs to deal with this with his family..not the media.
He will learn from this big mistake..
He has ask for us to let him and his family deal with this..so please less do that.

doc murry

elie has just called me and said her sink is backed up ..i guess this will be revenge sex ,,okay by me..she also said i could have his golf cart and my pick of his clubs oh yeah ebay here i come

Rose

Way to go, Tiger.
You have lowered yourself to the level of all the rest.
Now what do I tell my 6-year-old, who idolizes you?
You have two small children.
I am disgusted.