« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gatorade -- The Tiger Woods Well Has Run Dry

12/8/2009 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gatorade -- The Tiger Woods Gatorade is shutting down production of their special brand of Tiger Woods' brew this month -- but the drink giant tells TMZ it has "absolutely no connection" to Tiger's current predicament.

Gatorade says Tiger Woods Focus Gatorade will conveniently be discontinued as of December 26, saying "We made the decision several months ago ... our relationship with Tiger continues.''

Chalk it up to coincidence ... or not.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Balls has no Balls

RON SUCK`S BLACK BLOCK!

MeeMee

Since when do people start losing endorsements over cheating. For Real!!!! This story is sooooo overrated!!!!

pollynoo

The only reason they're positioning it this way is so that the 'reverend doctors' don't come out a picketing. Yeah, you know who I be talkin' bout, Willis...Jesse and Al. No way does Tiger let them into his 'camp'.

annalise

Tiger put the moves on his Mother-in-law when Elin was at the other house she moved to. I'll be glad when all of his endorsements drop him. I used to watch golf specifically to see him, but no more, if he's playing I won't watch, and I'll support my other favorites. He has really turned out to be a disgrace for his family, and the world.

Rachel

I will NOT buy anything that he endorses! And I have four kids that play sports.......

sandra

HE DESERVES EVERYTHING HE GETS....HE NOT ONLY HURT HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN...BUT.. HE HURT HIS FANS TOO!!!!... WE ALL LOOKED UP TO TIGER AS A GREAT GOLFER AND ALL AMERICAN FAMILY MAN.... WERE WE WRONG!!! i AM HURT ...HE LET ME DOWN ... AND I HAVE NEVER MET HIM... BUT... I ALWAYS HAD GREAT RESPECT FR THIS MAN... I AM SO SHOCKED AT WHAT HE HAS DONE AND WHO THIS MAN REALLY IS.... HE SHOULD LOSE ALL OF HIS ENDORSEMENTS AS HE DOES NOT DESERVE THEM AS HE FOOLED EVERYONE.... ESPECIALLY HIS FAMILY !!!!

grace

I say:

I am not belittling his talent. He is a great Golf Star.
However,
Jane, No disrespect,but how is he a role model for Black kids???
-He does not even identify with or consider himself Black.
-He ONLY romances White women.
I would be embarrassed to say he is a member of the Black race.
He is not proud of who he is and is totally out of touch with reality.

Jane said:

"47. I have never wished KARMA to come riding in but this guy deserves to lose every endorsement he has. He was the BIG ROLE MODEL TO YOUNG BLACK KIDS. What a joke. He is a liar, schemer, pig, lousy husband and father. TIME he could have spent with the kids, he was looking for the next trick. I hope everyone goes to tigerwoods.com and looks at who he endorses and boycotts their products. I hope Elin takes the kids, the homes, the money, the cars, the golf clubs and LEAVES.
Posted at 5:12PM on Dec 8th 2009 by jane"

Tim Stanley

This guy is too much. He is a bum. All I can think of is his poor wife and children and how embarrassed they must be. Perhaps one can forgive marginally an indiscretion one may be stupid enough to have engaged in previously -- BUT -- 7, 8 mistresses coming out of the woodwork and the one human I absolutely help to a high high regard, that being Mr. Tiger Woods, has let me and many down tremendously. Good for Gatorade and the rest who give Tiger a rest because he will be forever known to be tainted meat.

deric

they released a statement in a beverage magazine a month before the crash that they were taking focus out of the gatorade line up in order to make room for newer ones

curtis

I think this totally had to do with what's going on with Tiger right now. The timing is just way too convenient. Were they really planning on dropping his drink right now? Really?

Monique

To Nr. 45 : Typical man ! Not people are jealous, y o u are !!! And stupid too. Tiger Woods is not to be adored any more, he is just ill, because it is not " normal" what he did, not one time cheating with one woman, but cheating for years with a lot of women- and always only with the cheap, brainless and the ugly kind of women.
Sorry, my english is not perfect, I am German.

Mel

Sponsors always endorse atheletes and stars, regardless of their personal matters, especially ones involving home life affairs. The companies are not morally tied to a celebrity that is featured in their ads. However, if you as a moral individual, do not agree with what has happened with Tiger Woods, or any other celebrity, you are free to boycott their endorsers. Lack of sales of specific brands will cause an upset in the endorsement and cause said celebrity to lose their contract.

And number 15.. As far as the Orlando Bloom car crash goes..I still blame TMZ for reckless driving and aiding in the outcome of the driving capabilities of a seemingly inebriated Orlando Bloom. IF Orlando was in fact inebriated, and caused an accident due to being under the influence...the police would have charged him with drunk driving. However, due to the paparazzi circus at the scene...some things were overlooked. And, what jobs has Orlando had since the crash? Dude can smell a paycheck 50 miles away for a hotel opening or an appearance. Other than that, he's had little to no work since everyone grew tired of his whisper voice after Pirates 3.

Scratch

Gatorades official statement of dropping Tigerade came out 3 days before thanksgiving. Since this was prior to the accident, and the following "scandal" it is definitely not a "convenient" end to the beverage. I would like TMZ to attempt reporting all of the facts rather than twisting them into something for a headline. "convenient" is how you left out the date of when Gatorade actually released that decision.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4